Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 2020 11:32:17 -0400
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Abdallah El Ali <[log in to unmask]>
We invite researchers and practitioners to submit extended abstracts of systems and working prototypes plus a *video* of their research demo, industry demo, or concept demo to the 3rd International Conference on IEEE Artificial Intelligence & Virtual Reality (AIVR) 2020. Submissions should demonstrate how the technology of AI and VR/AR could be used to generate experiences that allow humans to see, hear, talk, think, learn, connect, collaborate, and/or solve problems in virtual and augmented environments.

Since IEEE AIVR 2020 will be a virtual event, we ask for submissions of videos accompanied by a two-page short paper, which will be published in the conference proceedings by IEEE Computer Society Press and included in the IEEE Xplore Digital Library. We are still exploring different platforms for how to make the demo sessions interactive and play your videos at the conference. Details about this will be announced later.

We strongly encourage submissions that demonstrate both AI and VR/AR simultaneously, but also welcome works that focus more on one side or the other. Potential topics include but are not limited to:

• Artificial Intelligence and machine learning in VR/AR
• Communication between humans and AI
• Multimodal interfaces in VR/AR
• Multimodal AI Interaction and Experiences in VR/AR
• Design of emotionally intelligent AI agents in VR/AR
• AI Based Customization, recommender systems and personalisation in VR/AR
• Information visualisation in VR/AR space
• Haptic feedback for VR/AR
• Digital VR/AR game technology
• Gaming and game narratives, immersive AI storytelling and gameplay
• Affective human-virtual world interaction
• Affective ambient intelligence in mixed realities
• AI based emotion mediated communication in VR/AR
• Physiological and behavioral sensing in VR/AR
• Tools for authoring emotional intelligence in VR/AR
• Human-human emotional communication in VR/AR
• AI platforms for VR/AR, cloud-based platforms
• AI/VR/AR visions
• Other Emerging Trends (Learning, Health, Collaboration, Manufacturing, etc.)

See website for further details: https://aivr.science.uu.nl/aivr_demos.html

## IMPORTANT DATES

• Submission deadline for video submissions of demos: Sep 4, 2020
• Notifications: Week of Oct 11, 2020
• Final camera ready deadline: Oct 30, 2020
• Virtual Conference: December 14-18, 2020