From:
Chris Frauenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Frauenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 2014 08:15:21 -0500
We have two fully funded positions for PhD candidates at the Institute for Design and Assessment of Technologies, Human-Computer Interaction group, University of Technology Vienna, Austria. We are looking for two dedicated postgraduates to collaborate on a new research project: “OutsideTheBox - Rethinking Assistive Technology with Children with Autism” (http://outsidethebox.at)

In the project we aim to explore new roles of technology in the lives of children with autism. Several approaches to co-designing ubiquitous computing artefacts with children will be implemented to argue for a different approach to designing assistive technology for this group. Work in the project ranges from planning and conducting Design workshops with children with autism to implementing UbiComp prototypes. The specific topic of the thesis will be developed with each candidate.

Key facts:
- 34 months full-time work (€1.956 pre-tax per month, 14x)
- Starting July 2014 (flexible)
- Fluent in German and English
- Application deadline 24 April 2014

Contact: Christopher Frauenberger ([log in to unmask])

For more information on the project, a job description and application details see http://outsidethebox.at