From:
Rita Orji <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Orji <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 2020 20:20:53 +0000
ACM AfriCHI 2021

Inclusiveness and Empowerment

________________________________

***CALL***

Dear colleagues,

Due to multiple requests, the deadline for paper submission to the ACM AfriCHI has been extended to 13 December 2020. We invite you to submit both long and short papers. We are also receiving short paper submissions in the form of late-breaking papers, work-in-progress papers, and preliminary results papers. All accepted papers will be published in the ACM digital library. Due to the uncertainty around the COVID-19, the 2021 ACM AfriCHI will be online.

The 3rd African Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, AfriCHI 2021 will now take place ONLINE from 8 to 12 March 2021.

The theme of AfriCHI 2021 is Inclusiveness and empowerment. Its aim is to further expand the participation of Africans in the practise and study of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) and Interaction Design (IxD), and to advance HCI by increased awareness of designs, tools, inventions, methods, theories and pedagogies for creating or using technology, for the benefit of society on the African continent and beyond.

AfriCHI 2021 is for anyone interested in people’s interactions with digital technology or media, who is African, based in Africa, undertakes or wants to work on projects in Africa or with Africans.

We welcome practitioners, professionals, scholars and students in all fields and traditions that consider interactions with digital technology. This includes not only designers, engineers or analysts of software, hardware and media, but also educators in all aspects of digital life; researchers in all disciplines; change-makers, planners and managers in all sectors including government, NGOs and industries; entrepreneurs, artists, activists; and elders in grassroots or creative collectives.

AfriCHI 2021 thus invites original work moving the fields of Human-Computer Interaction and Interaction Design forward, be it through the advances of theory, methodology, or through practice, prioritizing connections with the African context.

AfriCHI 2021 is open to several types of contributions: research papers (long and short), posters, demos, panels, workshops and tutorials. We invite contributions of high international standard, presenting original work that significantly contributes to research and practice of our field in its broadest sense.

A doctoral and masters colloquium is also organized and targeted mentoring is available on request. A Student Volunteering program is also in place to ease the introduction of doctoral and masters students to our vibrant community.

Main key dates are now:

  *   13 December 2020 - Submission of research papers
  *   5 January 2021 - Notifications are sent to authors
  *   18 January 2021 – Camera ready submissions by authors

The details are available at:  https://africhi.org/overview/

We hope you will join us ONLINE on 8-12 March 2021.

Abiodun Ogunyemi, Rita Orji
(technical programme co-chairs)

David Lamas, Luis Neves
(general co-chairs)

Rita Orji, Assoc. Professor
Faculty of Computer Science, Dalhousie University
6050 University Ave. Halifax, NS, B3H 4R2, Canada