Mon, 30 Mar 1998 18:33:14 +0200
The SIGCHI Bulletin is looking for a new Editor-in-Chief. The current
editor, Steven Pemberton is moving to ACM/interactions.
It is a volunteer position.
Candidates must be SIGCHI Members.
The SIGCHI Bulletin is produced using Frame Maker. All submissions
come in electronically. You should therefore have experience with
producing large documents with Frame Maker, and have good network
You should have an eye for detail, and above all time available for
Competencies required include:
* Demonstrated ability to meet fixed deadlines with a quality product
* Superior technical writing and editorial skills
* A passion for quality and detail
* Demonstrated ability to get results from volunteers in a timely manner
* Skill in producing camera ready copy for large (100 page) documents
* Adequate time and energy to do the job
* A high commitment to getting a quality Bulletin out on time
* Support of your management or institution for doing this job
* Internet access, Email, computer, quality printer, application software
and the expertise to effectively use all of these.
If you think you fit the bill, please get in contact with Steven
Pemberton, [log in to unmask], who will be able to give you
fuller details of the work involved, and the timelines.