ACAIT workshop papers @ ISMAR'19
Augmenting Cities and Architecture with Immersive Technologies (ACAIT)
In conjunction with ISMAR'19
Immersive technologies such as augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), and mixed reality (MR) have the potential to augment experiences within cities and the process of designing architecture. However, more work is needed to understand specific applications within these areas and how they can be designed. Therefore, the main aim of the workshop is to discuss and ideate use-cases for creating situated augmented reality (AR) and immersive applications for the purpose of making cities more engaging and to visualise architectural designs.
We welcome researchers and practitioners working on engaging experiences using AR and other immersive technologies such as virtual reality (VR) and mixed reality (MR) within the context of enhancing architecture, public spaces and cities. Specific topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* The use of immersive technologies and applications in cities
* Speculative designs, design fictions, and art projects;
* Perspectives from literature
* How immersive technologies and applications interact/enhance existing urban infrastructure/technologies (Public displays, Media facades, Buildings, Town squares, etc)
* Visualising architectural designs in-situ and how such applications should be created
* The effect of immersive technologies on culture and behaviour in cities
TYPE OF PAPERS
All workshop papers must contain original, previously unpublished, research work adhering the two publication types:
* Full research papers (6 pages, including references), proposing new approaches, innovative methods and research findings. They should make substantial theoretical and empirical contributions to the research field.
* Short research papers (4 pages, including references), presenting work in progress, lessons learnt, positions, emerging or future research issues and directions on human aspect challenges in the area.
Manuscripts should be formatted using the double-column IEEE conference format including all text, figures, tables, references, etc.
Submission templates are available - http://www.ismar19.org/news/163.html
SUBMISSION & PUBLICATION
All papers will undergo a peer review process by at least two expert reviewers to ensure a high standard of quality. Referees will consider originality, significance, technical soundness, clarity of exposition, and relevance to the workshop's topics.
Research papers should be submitted electronically as a single PDF file through the EasyChair submission system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=acait20190
All accepted papers will be published in ISMAR 2019 adjunct Proceedings and IEEE Xplore. At least one author of each accepted paper must register for the conference and present the paper in the workshop.
Call-for-Participation/Papers (issued by): July 10th, 2019
Notification of Acceptance (issued by): August 14th, 2019
Camera-ready version: September 4th, 2019
Callum Parker - University of Sydney, Australia
Soojeong Yoo - University of Sydney, Australia
Youngho Lee - Mokpo National University, South Korea
Waldemar Jenek - Queensland University of Technology, Australia
Junseong Bang - Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI), South Korea.
If you need any further assistance please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Dr Callum Parker | Associate Lecturer in Design Computing
The University of Sydney | School of Architecture, Design and Planning | Design Lab
Room 281, Wilkinson Building, G04 | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006
+61 429 850 535
This email plus any attachments to it are confidential. Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please delete it and any attachments.
Please think of our environment and only print this e-mail if necessary.
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org