From:
Benjamin Cowan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Benjamin Cowan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 2013 15:01:16 +0100
============1st Habits in HCI workshop=========
==============9th September 2013===============
================Brunel University, London============
======= http://hci.bham.ac.uk/workshops/habit/index.html ======
====Register at http://hci2013.eventbrite.co.uk/ ========

======About the workshop======

Major characteristics of our interactions with technology lie in their
frequency and execution in stable contexts, which according to
behavioural psychology, form crucial foundations for the development of
habitual behaviours. Habits are currently addressed as implicit facets
of interaction design through concepts such as consistency,
intuitiveness and learnability. In addition research in HCI is looking
at the breaking and rebuilding habits through the use of technology.
This full day workshop focuses on habits in HCI contexts aiming to
define the area and scope of research for habits in the HCI discipline.

=====Topics of discussion=====

The workshop will look to discuss:
 The nature of habits in HCI
 Application areas in which technology can be used to break and make habits
 Methodological issues in researching habits
 Potential areas of funding and community activities

=====Registration====

The full day workshop will take place at Brunel University on the 9th of
September 2013.

Costs of registration for the workshop is 120

Register your place at http://hci2013.eventbrite.co.uk/

=====Workshop Committee====

Benjamin R. Cowan (HCI Centre, University of Birmingham)
Chris P. Bowers (HCI Centre, University of Birmingham)
Rowanne Fleck (UCL Interaction Centre, University College London)
Russell Beale (HCI Centre, University of Birmingham)
Bas Verplanken (Department of Psychology, University of Bath)
Anna Cox (UCL Interaction Centre, University College London)
Charlie Pinder (HCI Centre, University of Birmingham)

--
Benjamin R Cowan PhD MBPsS MBCS

NB- I do not check my email at weekends or much in the evening.
If anything is urgent please phone.