From:
Susanne Jul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susanne Jul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:49:21 -0800
International Conference on Information Cystems for Crisis Response and
Management
10th - 13th of May, Gothenburg, Sweden

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: HANDS-ON DEMO SESSION

We would hereby like to invite you to the ISCRAM 2009
<http://www.iscram.org/> hands-on demo session.
Great ideas usually result from a series of seemingly great ideas
failing their first encounters with reality.
This is particularly true of complex ideas, such as information systems,
and doubly true of complex
realities, such as crisis response and management.

In order to help the ISCRAM community to develop great ideas, and
facilitate the discussion of successes
and failures encountered in realizing lesser ideas, the ISCRAM 2009
program will include a
Hands-On Demos Session on May 12th. The aim of this Demo Session is to
support dialogue between
academia, industry and crisis management practitioners concerning
innovative system solutions with
potential to be realized as products.

We would greatly appreciate your proposals for systems to be included in
the session. These could be
prototypes developed for research, commercial, open-source, or
grass-roots uses, or field-developed
applications. They need not be fully tested, but should demonstrate
novel insights or ideas and have the
potential to enrich the work of the ISCRAM community. Demo presenters
should be able and permitted to
talk about the underlying ideas and the insides of the technology.

A demo proposal should include the following:

    A description of the demo/prototype/application/system that will be
presented and its application areas.
    A brief outline of the novel ideas and the insides of the
technology that has led to the demo.
    Brief presentation of the organization/actors behind the demo.
    Special demo needs (the conference will provide a table, power
outlets and wireless internet access).

All demo proposals will be peer-reviewed and only high quality demo
contributions will be accepted.
Submit your demo proposal via www.conftool.com/iscram2009
<http://www.conftool.com/iscram2009>.

Deadline for Demo proposals is March 1st and notification to accepted
demos will be no later than March 15th.
However, note that the demo space is limited and we urge you to submit
your proposals as soon as possible.

We look forward to seeing you at ISCRAM,

Dennis and Sofie

Dennis Andersson, Sofie Pilemalm
ISCRAM 2009 Demos Chairs (www.iscram.org <http://www.iscram.org/>)
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>