Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2016 04:27:17 -0400
Sender: "ACM SIGCHI General Interest Announcements (Mailing List)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: Chris Frauenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Design & Research Competition
Interaction Design and Children

Deadline: 30 April 2016
Manchester, UK, 21-24 June 2016
http://www.idc2016.org/competition/

In the first phase of this competition children all over the world were invited to submit their ideas for future technologies. We extracted common themes and interesting concepts to distill three design challenges for the IDC community to work on.

In the second phase we invite researchers and designers to submit a design concept (not actual artefacts) to one of the three challenges in the form of a 2-4 page summary, accompanied by any supplementary files (drawings, sketches, photos, video...) until 30 April 2016.

A jury (tba) will select the best submissions that are
* the most innovative,
* speculate about future technology in interesting ways,
* raise (research) questions for the field, and
* are well designed and presented.

Important Dates
Submission deadline: 30 Apr 2016
Notifications to winners: 13 May 2016

Presentation & Prizes
The winning designs will be presented at the conference in Manchester, UK, including national press coverage and separate space in the conference programme. They will also be included into the conference proceedings and archived in the digital library of ACM, and we will invite the winners to contribute to a special issue in the International Journal on Child Computer Interaction.

The award ceremony will take place during the conference dinner.

For more information on the challenges see:
http://www.idc2016.org/competition/

or contact
Chris Frauenberger