[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this message]
IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC) 2021
June 14-18, 2021
Call for Workshop Proposals
WORKSHOP ORGANIZATION TIMELINE
Proposal Submission Deadline: 3 August 2020
Notification of Selection: 23 August 2020
CFP for Web Posting: 1 October 2020
Workshop Paper Submission Deadline: 20 January 2021
Paper Acceptance Notification: 20 February 2021
Camera Ready: 1 March 2021
SCOPE AND MOTIVATION
The IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC) 2021 will be held on 14-18 June 2021 in Montreal, QC, Canada. Themed “Connectivity – Security – Privacy”, this flagship conference of the IEEE Communications society will feature a comprehensive high-quality technical program including expert keynotes, symposia, and a variety of tutorials and workshops. ICC 2021 will also include an attractive Industry program aimed at practitioners, with keynotes and panels from prominent research, industry and government leaders, business and industry panels, and vendor exhibits.
We invite the submission of workshop proposals. The aim of the conference workshops is to emphasize emerging topics not specifically covered in the main symposia. Workshops should highlight current topics related to technical and business issues in communications and networking, and should include a mix of regular papers, invited presentations, and panels that encourage the participation of attendees in active discussion.
The ICC 2021 series of half and full-day workshops will highlight current topics related to technical and business issues in communications and networking, and will include a mix of regular papers, invited presentations, and panels that encourage the participation of attendees in active discussion.
Review the submission instructions and submit your workshop proposal by 3 August 2021 for the opportunity to be part of the highly regarded ICC conference!
EACH WORKSHOP PROPOSAL (MAXIMUM 5 PAGES) MUST INCLUDE (PLEASE FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING ORDER IN YOUR PROPOSAL):
- Title of the workshop
- Workshop Organizers (names, affiliation, and contact information)
- Scope and topics of the workshop (max 1 page)
- Rationale (max 1 page)
- Why is the topic current and important?
- Why will the workshop attract a significant number of submissions of good quality?
- Why will the workshop attract a large number of attendees, in addition to the authors?
- How does the workshop differ from others, i.e., related workshops and conferences of similar topic?
- A short biography of the organizers (up to 200 words per organizer)
- Names of potential participants, such as program committee members and invited speakers (indication that speakers accepted to participate is a plus)
- Planned format of the workshop, including
- Duration of the workshop: Half-day, Full-day and tentative schedule
- Preferred day of workshop
- Number of refereed papers, hot topic sessions, keynotes, panels
(Unique, creative and novel workshops formats are strongly encouraged)
- Draft Call for Papers (max 1 page)
- A description of the publicity and promotion plan
- Workshop potential website address (if available at the time of the proposal - will be required later if the workshop proposal is accepted)
- A description of past versions of the workshop (if applicable), including the number of submitted and accepted papers, number of attendees, etc. If a similar workshop has been organized at recent ICC/Globecom, please explain the similarities and differences.
WORKSHOP PROPOSAL SUBMISSION
- Proposal submissions should be submitted as a single PDF file online via EDAS at the following link: https://edas.info/N27513
- Proposals that address exciting topics in creative formats that generate lively interactions among participants are highly encouraged. Examples include facilitating multi-disciplinary discussions across academicians, practitioners, and policymakers leading to high impact and transformative research. Conference content will be submitted for inclusion into IEEE Xplore as well as other Abstracting and Indexing (A&I) databases.
- Hossam Hassanein, Queen’s University, Canada, [log in to unmask]
- Abdelhamid Mellouk, University of Paris-Est Créteil (UPEC), [log in to unmask]
- Ashutosh Dutta, Johns Hopkins University/APL, USA, [log in to unmask]
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org