From:
William Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 17:52:14 +0100
Submitted on behalf of Manfred Tscheligi - CHI [[log in to unmask]]

CHI2004 - Invitation to Participate

CONNECT TO CHI 2004  - The CHI 2004 Conference on Human Factors in
Computing Systems
which will take place in

Vienna, Austria
from the 24th to 29th, April, 2004.

CHI 2004s theme is CONNECT. We encourage your submissions and active
participation in the conference to connect HCI and its value to many
different domains and communities. Our special areas are Ambient
Intelligence, Mobile Communication, Games, European HCI, and Robotics
and Transport.  We particularly welcome and encourage submissions on
the conference theme and special areas. CHI 2004s location in
Vienna, Austria gives us the opportunity to connect to the long
cultural and artistic traditions of this central European
destination; we encourage you to consider how you might connect to
CHI 2004!

We invite you to participate by submitting to the conference in the
following categories: Papers, Late Breaking Results (short papers),
Demonstrations, Tutorials, Panels, Workshops, Special Interest
Groups, Doctoral Consortium, and Development Consortium. In addition
CHI 2004 will also host new venues: the Design Expo, HCI Overviews,
and Student Competition, with more to follow.

We are soliciting volunteers for mentoring, reviewing, and a host of
other possibilities. Volunteer activities span the period of several
months prior to the conference, during the conference, and some
activities immediately following the conference.

We are also activitely soliciting exhibits,  sponsorships and
individual donations, and this year offer our community to
Sponsor-A-Student; please see details on the web coming soon.

SUBMISSION DEADLINES
Early Submission Deadline: October 6th, 2003
for
- Tutorials
- Papers
- Demonstrations
- Development Consortium
- Panels
- Design Expo
- Workshops

Late Submissions Deadline: January, 12th, 2004
for
- Doctoral Consortium
- HCI Overviews
- Late Breaking Results
- Special Interest Groups
- Student Competition

Our web launch is set for Friday, 20th, June, 2003.
Please check http://www.chi2004.org  for more details.

Please start to develop your contributions to the leading
international forum for the exchange of ideas and information about
human-computer interaction.

VIENNA WAITS FOR YOU!

Elizabeth Dykstra-Erickson and Manfred Tscheligi
CHI 2004 Co-Chairs

CHI2004 is sponsored by ACMs Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction (ACM SIGCHI).