Sender:
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2020 20:36:17 +0000
From:
"Lease, Matt" <[log in to unmask]>
We are looking for outstanding graduate students interested in 2020 summer internships with Amazon scientists on Mechanical Turk, Ground Truth, and A2I teams.

Mechanical Turk (MTurk, https://www.mturk.com/) is a crowdsourcing marketplace that makes it easy to post annotation tasks to an online, distributed workforce. Ground Truth (https://aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/groundtruth/) <https://aws.amazon.com/sagemaker/groundtruth/> enables fast creation of highly accurate machine learning datasets by combining human annotaters with built-in workflows and automated labeling techniques. Augmented AI (A2I, https://aws.amazon.com/augmented-ai/) makes it easy to incorporate human review of ML predictions, such as when a model is unable to make a high confidence prediction or to audit model predictions on an on-going basis.

Amazon science in these teams spans the fields of crowdsourcing / human computation, machine learning, human-computer interaction, computer vision, and natural language processing. We fundamentally believe that scientific innovation is essential (https://www.aboutamazon.com/research, https://www.amazon.science/about), and we encourage our interns to publish their results. Each intern will work on a 3-month project along with one of our scientists. The location will be in Seattle, WA.

Please share this announcement with your students and encourage them to send their resumes to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.  We are actively reviewing applicants now and positions will close once filled.

Thanks!
Lei Jin, Matt Lease, Pietro Perona, and Fedor Zhadanov
Amazon Mechanical Turk, Ground Truth, and A2I