From:
nicole velasquez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
nicole velasquez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2010 15:24:18 -0600
*Apologies for cross-posting*

2010 ACM Symposium on Computer-Human Interaction for the Management of
Information Technology (CHIMIT '10) http://chimit10.org

November 12-13, 2010
San Jose, CA USA

Co-located with the 24th USENIX Large Installation System Administration
Conference (LISA '10) http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa10/

---------1st CALL FOR PAPERS (3 months to deadline)--------------

Since 2007, CHIMIT has been the leading forum for discussing topics on IT
management with a focus on people, business, and technology.  At CHIMIT,
researchers and practitioners share issues, solutions, and research drawing
upon fields such as human-computer interaction, human factors, collaborative
work, computer systems, and management and service sciences to address
cognitive, social, and technical issues in managing the increasing
complexity of modern Information Technology (IT) systems.

Information Technology (IT) is central to modern life. From our homes to our
largest enterprises, we are surrounded by software and hardware components
that support our work and personal lives: wireless access points, network
routers, firewalls, virus scanners, databases, web servers, storage and
backup systems, etc. These components exist to permit us to do other things,
e.g., manage inventory, communicate with friends or customers, sell products
through websites, yet all too often managing the underlying IT
infrastructure takes time and resources away from the real work at hand.  IT
systems have grown increasingly complex over the years, and the cost for
keeping the infrastructure running is now a significant burden.  We are at a
turning point where further advances in technology and business efficiency
and growth require fundamentally new approaches to IT system design,
management, and services.

CHIMIT is an ACM-sponsored conference, and accepted Paper and Short Paper
submissions will be archived in the ACM Digital Library.  We are also
soliciting submissions for Panels, Courses, and a non-archival Poster
Session for work in progress.

Suggested Topics
==============
- User Studies of IT infrastructure management in context, exposing user
needs, pain points, work practices, and examples of both successful and
unsuccessful work.
-Design - approaches to bring about improved, human-centered IT systems.
-Experimental Studies on the usage of new or existing IT systems.
-Tools and Techniques for improved administration, e.g., visualizations of
system behavior, or collaborative interfaces.
-Automation approaches to reduce administration workload or improve
productivity.
-Computer supported cooperative work – how do those who manage an
organization’s IT interact with the users they support, their technical
community, and other stakeholders?
-Organizational Knowledge - how can shared knowledge improve IT management.
-Processes and Practices - examples of best practices and improved processes
in IT management.
-New Technologies - how will the changing technological landscape (e.g.,
Cloud Computing, pervasive mobile devices, etc.) affect IT management?
-IT Beyond the Enterprise - what are the implications now that we're doing
backups, network configuration, etc. in the home?

Submission Guidelines
==================
Papers should be submitted in English.  Instructions for authors are
available at http://chimit10.org/submission.html

CHIMIT '10 is accepting Papers and Short Papers, as well as non-archival
Posters, Courses, and Panels.

Important Dates
============
Paper submission deadline:  July 3, 2010
Panels and Courses due:  August 7, 2010
Notification of acceptance:  August 30, 2010
Posters due:  September 10, 2010
Poster selections announced:  September 26, 2010

CHIMIT Committee
General Chairs
Nicole Forsgren Velasquez, Pepperdine University
Adam Moskowitz

Program Chairs
Tamara Babaian, Bentley University
Konstantin Beznosov, UBC