From:
Philippe Palanque <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Philippe Palanque <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:17:26 +0200
====== Reminder ======

The deadline to submit a proposal for a Workshop or Course at the CHI2008
conference is quickly approaching - both venues have a submission deadline
of June 15th. Accepted courses pay a $500 honorarium for each 90 minute
block of instruction, and both venues are an excellent way to extend and
build communal expertise around a specific topic of interest. Please visit
the call for submissions for Workshops and Courses at their respective
websites - http://chi2008.org/workshops.html and
http://chi2008.org/courses.html - and do not hesitate to contact the venue
chairs with any questions or concerns you may have.

CHI is the leading conference on Human Factors in Computing; CHI 2008 (to be
held from April 5 - 10th, 2008) focuses on the balance between art and
science, design and research, practical motivation and the process that
leads the way to innovative excellence. It is about balance in our rapidly
evolving field, the balance between individuals and groups, collocated and
remote, stationary and mobile, in both our local and global communities.
CHI 2008 will be held in Florence, Italy, birthplace of the Renaissance, and
home to great artists and scientists. This is the city of Leonardo Da Vinci,
who spoke of balance in saying "where the spirit does not work with the
hand, there is no art."

CHI 2008 submission dates:
15 June 2007: Course and Workshop Proposals
19 September 2007: Papers, Notes
3 October 2007: Case Studies, Panels, Interactivity, Doctoral Consortium,
Design Theatre, Design Community Events
8 January 2008: SIGs, Works-in-Progress, Student Design Competition, Student
Research Competition, alt.chi

For more information visit: http://www.chi2008.org/authors.html

Submit your best work. We hope to see you in Florence at CHI 2008!

Luca Chittaro
Philippe Palanque
Steven Poltrock
Carmen Santoro