Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 17:35:53 -0600
Sender: "ACM SIGCHI General Interest Announcements (Mailing List)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: Patrick Gage Kelley <[log in to unmask]>
SOUPS 2016 is coming up on June 22-24!
With only about two months to go we have a bunch of upcoming deadlines:
Online Registration is live
John Karat Student Research Award Nominations Deadline: THIS Friday (April 15th)
Workshop deadlines: May 1st and May 16th
Posters, Lightning Talks, and Demos deadline: May 16th

Online registration for SOUPS 2016 is live:

https://www.usenix.org/conference/soups2016 <https://www.usenix.org/conference/soups2016>
Early bird rate registration is open through May 31st!

2016 John Karat Usable Privacy and Security Student Research Award

In honor of John Karat's contributions to the usable privacy and security community, and his dedication to mentoring students, SOUPS has instituted the John Karat Usable Privacy and Security Student Research Award. The deadline for nominations is THIS Friday April 15. See the Call for Nominations for details :
https://www.usenix.org/conference/soups2016/call-nominations <https://www.usenix.org/conference/soups2016/call-nominations>

SOUPS 2016 Workshops Invite Papers By May 1st/16th

2nd Workshop on Security Information Workers (full day)
http://cyberdna.uncc.edu/wsiw16/ <http://cyberdna.uncc.edu/wsiw16/>
Deadline: May 16th

Who are you?! Adventures in Authentication (full day)
https://www.usenix.org/conference/soups2016/workshop-who-are-you <https://www.usenix.org/conference/soups2016/workshop-who-are-you>
Deadline: May 16th

Workshop on Security Fatigue (half day)
https://www.usenix.org/conference/soups2016/workshop-security-fatigue <https://www.usenix.org/conference/soups2016/workshop-security-fatigue>
Deadline: May 1st

Workshop on Privacy Indicators (half day)
https://www.usenix.org/conference/soups2016/workshop-on-privacy-indicators <https://www.usenix.org/conference/soups2016/workshop-on-privacy-indicators>
Deadline: May 1st

Workshop on the Future of Privacy Notices and Indicators: Will Drones Deliver My Privacy Policy? (half day)
https://www.usenix.org/conference/soups2016/workshop-drones-deliver-privacy-policy <https://www.usenix.org/conference/soups2016/workshop-drones-deliver-privacy-policy>
Deadline: May 16th

SOUPS 2016 Posters, Lightning Talks, and Demo Submissions Due May 16th

https://www.usenix.org/conference/soups2016/call-for-posters-proposals <https://www.usenix.org/conference/soups2016/call-for-posters-proposals>

Posters: High-quality poster presentations are an integral part of SOUPS. We seek poster abstracts describing recent or ongoing research related to usable privacy and security. SOUPS will include a poster session in which authors will exhibit their posters. Accepted poster abstracts will be distributed to symposium participants and made available on the symposium Web site. Interactive demos alongside posters are welcome and encouraged. We also welcome authors of recent papers on usable privacy and security (2015 to 2016) to present their work at the SOUPS poster session.

Lightning Talks & Demos: A continuing feature of SOUPS is a session of 5-minute talks and 5- to 10-minute demos. These could include emerging hot topics, preliminary research results, practical problems encountered by end users or industry practitioners, a lesson learned, a research challenge that could benefit from feedback, a war story, ongoing research, a success, a failure, a future experiment, tips and tricks, a pitfall to avoid, exciting visualization, new user interface or interaction paradigm related to security and privacy. etc.

For more details and announcements like and follow our Facebook page at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUPSconference <https://www.facebook.com/SOUPSconference>