From:
Greg Wadley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Wadley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Sep 2013 06:21:30 +0000
**********************

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Workshop on Social Technologies for Health and Wellbeing

at OzChi 2013

Adelaide, Australia

25th November, 2013

http://people.eng.unimelb.edu.au/gwadley/socialtherapy

**********************

IMPORTANT DATES

Submission Deadline: 11th October, 2013

Notification of Acceptance: 25th October, 2013

Workshop: 25th November, 2013

**********************

WORKSHOP THEME

This one-day workshop at OzChi 2013 aims to bring together people working on technologies for health that allow interaction among users: we call these "social therapies" for brevity. We invite you to share experiences and discuss concepts, common problems and possible solutions. Our goals are to advance the field by identifying challenges and possible solutions, defining problem areas for future work, and building community among researchers and practitioners working on these issues. Technologies discussed might include systems that support sufferers of specific conditions, or promote health-related behaviour change, or support social inclusion for patients undergoing treatment. Please see the workshop website for more detail: http://people.eng.unimelb.edu.au/gwadley/socialtherapy

**********************

TOPICS

We invite position papers on topics including but not limited to:

* user-centred and participatory design of social therapy,

* evaluation criteria for social therapy,

* usability and user experience of social therapy,

* accessibility and needs of specific user groups,

* privacy, security and safety in social therapy,

* implementation issues.

**********************

TO PARTICIPATE

If you would like to participate, please submit your position paper (2-4 pages in OzChi format, see www.ozchi.org) to our EasyChair site by 11th October 2013. https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=socialtherapy13

Authors of accepted papers will be notified on 25th October, 2013. Accepted workshop papers can be included in the digital conference proceedings if the author wishes.

News and updates will be displayed on the workshop webpage.

**********************

ORGANIZERS

Greg Wadley, Bernd Ploderer, Frank Vetere

The University of Melbourne,

Parkville, Australia

Margot Brereton

Queensland University of Technology

Brisbane, Australia

MORE INFORMATION

For more information please see the workshop website or email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> .

Workshop website: http://people.eng.unimelb.edu.au/gwadley/socialtherapy

Conference website: http://www.ozchi.org

-----
Dr Greg Wadley
Department of Computing and Information Systems
The University of Melbourne, Australia
http://people.eng.unimelb.edu.au/gwadley