Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 14:01:19 +0000
From: Mark Graus <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: "ACM SIGCHI General Interest Announcements (Mailing List)" <[log in to unmask]>
* We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this CfP *
* For the online version of this Call, visit: [log in to unmask]" target="_blank">https://recsys.acm.org/recsys19/call/?utm_source=mailinglist&utm_medium=email&[log in to unmask] *

We are pleased to invite you to participate in the 13th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2019), the premier venue for research and applications of recommendation technologies. ACM RecSys 2019 will be held in Copenhagen, Denmark, from September 16th to September 20th, 2019. The conference will continue RecSys' practice of connecting the research and practitioner communities to exchange ideas, discuss problems, and share solutions.

Industry practitioners are invited to submit talk proposals to the RecSys conference industry track. This track seeks presentations about challenges and practical solutions to significant real-world issues faced by industry practitioners. We encourage submissions that describe substantial challenges that were overlooked by the research community and your promising new approaches that could foster discussion and collaboration. We also recognize that diverse speaker backgrounds and topics facilitate richer discussions at the conference, therefore we especially encourage women and under-represented colleagues to submit talk proposals.

Examples of talk topics include, but are not limited to:
* Challenges faced by practitioners that are under-studied in the research community and practical solutions
* Novel techniques that solve significant issues in practice
* Case studies of real-world implementations
* Evaluation metrics and studies
* Field and user studies
* Lessons learned from real world deployments
* Novel recommender system applications
* Fairness and bias of recommender systems
Note that although industry talks are solicited separately, we expect to create a combined single track program from both accepted papers and industry talks in RecSys 2019. Furthermore, authors of the selected proposals will additionally have the opportunity to present a poster at the conference poster sessions.

PROPOSAL FORMAT AND SUBMISSION

We are accepting proposals for Industry talks under 20min (exact length TBD).
Proposals must include the following:

* Title and abstract of the proposal presentation (2 page)
* Short CV of the presenter(s) (up to 300 words)
* Talk proposals should be emailed to [log in to unmask]

IMPORTANT DATES
* Proposal submission deadline: May 7th, 2019
* Notification: July 9th, 2019
* Deadline for 1-page abstract to be included in the conference proceedings: July 22nd, 2019

INDUSTRY CHAIRS
* Bart Knijnenburg, Clemson University, USA
* Tao Wang, Apple, USA
* Kim Falk, LiveIntent, Denmark