From:
"Meixner, Gerrit" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Meixner, Gerrit
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2019 12:23:53 +0000
Dear colleagues,

together with 2 colleagues (Prof. Dr. Carsten Wittenberg, Faculty of
Mechanics and Electronics, Heilbronn University, Germany and Prof. Dr.
Bogdan Pirvu, Faculty of Engineering, "Lucian Blaga" University of Sibiu,
Romania) we are chairing a special session at the 14th IFAC/IFIP/IFORS/IEA
Symposium on Analysis, Design, and Evaluation of Human-Machine Systems (IFAC
HMS 2019) from 16-19. September in Tallinn, Estonia
(https://cs.ttu.ee/hms2019/index.php).

I would like to invite you to submit a paper for our special session on
Augmented and Virtual Reality for Future Factories:

Outline:

Virtual Reality (VR) allows users to be immersed in and interact with a
fully digital environment. On the other hand, Augmented Reality (AR)
technologies add digital information on top of the physical reality,
allowing users to gain more knowledge about their environment. Both
technologies offer tremendous possibilities in terms of visualization,
interaction and collaboration and become currently widely available. This
special sessions aims at bringing together industrial experts and
researchers to present their results and discuss the challenges related to
the use of VR and AR technologies in future factories. Furthermore we would
like to establish a scientific network on AR and VR for the factory of the
future.

Topics:

o Innovative AR/VR applications

o Experience with AR/VR systems

o AR/VR Technologies

o Wearable computing and innovative mobile devices

o Software architectures for AR/VR systems

o Mobile computing support for AR/VR

o Display technologies for AR/VR

o Networking and distributed systems for AR/VR

o Real-time systems and resource-constrained implementations

o 3D modeling and image-based localization

o Sensor fusion and ego-motion estimation

o Camera tracking and SLAM

o User interface designs for AR/VR

The paper should consist of 6 pages; more information can be found on
https://cs.ttu.ee/hms2019/index.php?page=submission.

Deadline is March, 1st. I would be happy to meet you in Tallinn!

All the best

Gerrit Meixner

PS: If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.

Prof. Dr.-Ing. Gerrit Meixner

Managing Director | Usability and Interaction Technology Laboratory

Heilbronn University

UniTyLab

Max-Planck-Str. 39

74081 Heilbronn, Germany