Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 12:27:37 +0000
Sender: "ACM SIGCHI General Interest Announcements (Mailing List)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: "Gruenefeld, Uwe, Dr." <[log in to unmask]>
(Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this Call)

Updated Call for Online Tutorials for MobileHCI 2020

Important Dates
- Tutorial Proposal (5th of June 2020)
- Tutorials Notification (26th of June 2020)
- Camera-ready Deadline (17th of July 2020)
- Day of Tutorials (5th of October 2020)

Message from the Tutorial Chairs
This year, we have all been confronted with major changes caused by the coronavirus outbreak. Unfortunately, the MobileHCI2020 conference is no exception, and the organizing committee has made the difficult decision to move the conference online, with no physical event happening this year. To reflect this decision, we have updated our Call for Tutorials.

We invite you to submit proposals for online tutorials that are to be held on the 5th of October during the MobileHCI 2020 conference. We strongly believe that online tutorials provide a great opportunity for our community to reach more researchers, while at the same time improving sustainability and reducing barriers to participation (e.g., due to visa issues). However, in order to face the unique challenges, we are introducing some fundamental changes to our Call for Tutorials:

1) We open tutorials to a broad range of formats in order to engage the online audience.
2) We tackle the issue of different time zones by asking tutorial organizers to specify a time slot that suits their needs and the option to record the tutorial.
3) We explicitly ask for proposals that address topics related to the pandemic.

More Information
For more detailed information please find our Call for Online Tutorials online (https://mobilehci.acm.org/2020/call-for-tutorials). If you have any further questions about online tutorials at the MobileHCI 2020, contact the Tutorials Chairs at [log in to unmask]

We look forward to reading your proposals!
Dimitra Anastasiou and Uwe Gruenefeld