From:
Himanshu Verma <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Himanshu Verma <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2021 15:11:03 +0000
Apologies for cross-posting.

***Deadline for Submission Extended till 22 June 2021***

Dear all,We invite researchers and practitioners across disciplines to join us in our 1st SensiBlend WS (http://sensiblend.io/) at Ubicomp 2021, where the goal is to collaboratively recalibrate, reassess, and rethink the role of UbiComp as an enabler of new experiential and generative possibilities within the realm of the new blended experiences both in professional and social contexts.** CALL FOR PAPERS **
Unlike traditional workshops, SensiBlend is a living experiment about the future of remote, hybrid, and blended experiences within professional social contexts. The interplay of interpersonal relationships with tools and spaces---digital and physical---has been abruptly challenged and fundamentally altered as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. With this meta-workshop, we seek to scrutinize and advance the role and impact of Ubiquitous Computing in the new ``blended'' social reality, and raise questions relating to the specific attributes of socio-technical experiences in the future organization of work and socializing. How do we better equip people to deal with blended experiences? What dimensions of socio-technical experiences are at stake (e.g., social cohesion, work-life balance, workplace surveillance)? To this end, we will utilize the occasion of a virtual UbiComp in combination with novel remote-working tools and participatory sensing with attendees to collectively examine, discuss, and elicit the potential routes of augmenting social practices in a discourse about the future of blended working, socializing, and living.In particular, this meta-workshop will allow participants to collaboratively:
 • assess the evolving socio-technical themes/concerns in relation to remote and rather isolated interpersonal and professional interactions,
 • depict the space of design possibilities in terms of technological and environmental interventions,
 • envisionnew sensing and data-acquisition paradigms to responsibly and accurately gather physical, physiological, and experiential qualities,
 • explore novel and hybrid methods for experimentation “in-the-wild” which are adapted to blended experiences, and more generally, start a discourse around the future of ``blended social'' and set a research agenda for meaningfully addressing it.Topics include but not limited to:
 • Development of robust models that capture people's psychological aspects in remote/hybrid social arrangements (e.g., isolation, fatigue, stress, or burnout in remote/hybrid arrangements)
 • Methods and techniques for conducting in-the-wild studies, remote/hybrid data collection, and multi-modal sensing approaches
 • Re-imagining creative and novel technological modalities to support blended experiences (e.g., conversational interfaces, wearables, textiles, eXtended reality)
 • Evaluation of security, privacy, and workplace surveillance in developing UbiComp technologies for blended experiences, and promoting responsible and ethical innovation** HOW TO PARTICIPATE **
We invite complete and ongoing research works, as well as position papers, which can be between 4-6 pages (excluding references). Submission should be prepared according to the ACM Master Article template (single column) and submitted through Easychair. Each article will be reviewed by 2 reviewers from a panel of experts consisting of external reviewers and organizers.• Submission page: https://new.precisionconference.com/submissions
To select the appropriate track, choose “SIGCHI” in the field Society, “Ubicomp/ISWC 2021” as Conference, and, finally, pick “UbiComp/ISWC 2021 Workshop: SensiBlend” as Track .
** IMPORTANT DATES **
• Paper submission: 15 June 2021 22 June 2021
• Notification to authors: 15 July 2021
• Camera-ready deadline: 31 July 2021
• Workshop date: 25-26 September 2021** ORGANIZERS **
• Himanshu Verma (TU Delft)
• Marios Constantinides (Nokia Bell Labs)
• Sailin Zhong (University of Fribourg)
• Abdallah El Ali (CWI, The Netherlands)
• Hamed Alavi (University of Fribourg)Website: http://sensiblend.io/
Contact: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>