From:
Lisa Gualtieri <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2015 21:29:53 -0500
Even when it is snowing in Boston, we are preparing exciting educational
opportunities for HCI professionals.

*Certificate in Digital Health Communication
<http://publichealth.tufts.edu/Academics/HCOM-Program/Certificate>*,
offered at Tufts University School of Medicine, provides graduate level
courses in health communication through a digital lens. Participants learn
how to create targeted health communication messaging and campaign
development using the web, social media, and mobile technologies and using
UX techniques including persona development, competitive analysis, and
formative evaluation. Designed for working professionals and faculty, the
limited residency certificate program can be completed on a part-time basis
in one year with one week in Boston in July and the other courses online in
the evening using WebEx. More information about courses is at
go.tufts.edu/digitalhealthcommcert.

If you want to see an example of student work from Social Media and Health,
which is being offered now, check out the infographics in
https://www.pinterest.com/lisagualtieri/super-bowl-2015/

If a single course is of interest, the Summer Institute
<http://publichealth.tufts.edu/Academics/HCOM-Program/Summer-Institute> offers
three courses critical to the field of health communication: *Mobile Health
Design,* *Digital Strategies for Health Communication*, and *Health
Literacy Institute.*

Here are what past participants have said:

   - *“Taking the Digital Strategies course greatly expanded my knowledge
   and proficiency for using technology and social media in clinical research.
   From a dissemination standpoint, it is essential to incorporate the
   effective use of technology to develop a communication strategy, maintain a
   web and mobile presence, and successfully communicate with the patients and
   the research community. Thanks to the tools I learned in Digital
   Strategies, I am now able to effectively use technology to accomplish these
   goals. *- Laurel K Leslie, MD, MPH, Tufts Medical Center Floating
   Hospital for Children
   - *“[Digital Strategies for Health Communication] was the best
   professional development course I’ve been to. The following week I wrote
   part of a proposal based on what I learned; my company won that bid and I
   now lead online strategy for the project”. **-*Zena Itani, Senior Policy
   Associate, Altarum Institute, Washington, DC

Please let me know if you have questions,

Lisa

Lisa Gualtieri, PhD, ScM

Certificate in Digital Health Communication
<http://publichealth.tufts.edu/Academics/HCOM-Program/Certificate>
7th Tufts Summer Institute on Digital Strategies for Health Communication
<http://publichealth.tufts.edu/Academics/HCOM-Program/Summer-Institute/Digital-Strategies-for-Health-Communication>
offered
July 19-24, 2015

Assistant Professor
Tufts University School of Medicine
Department of Public Health and Community Medicine
<http://medicine.tufts.edu/Education/Academic-Departments/Clinical-Departments/Public-Health-and-Community-Medicine>
136 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02111

Phone: 617-636-0438 Cell: 781-330-9456

Email: [log in to unmask]