Submission deadline for the MobileHCI 2018 Workshop on Socio-Technical Aspects of Text Entry was May 31, 2018. However, let us know if you are planning on submitting a position statement soon, in which case, we will keep the submission system open for a couple more days. We'll close the system if we don't hear from you by tomorrow, June 3, 2018 afternoon.
We invite position statements for the MobileHCI 2018 Workshop on Socio-Technical Aspects of Text Entry http://mhci18.textentry.org.uk.
This one-day workshop will be held on September 3, 2018 in Barcelona, Spain. It will offer an interdisciplinary platform for researchers and practitioners interested in text entry. Its purpose is to identify and encourage research investigating various socio-technical aspects of text entry. Relevant topics include, but are not limited to:
* Social acceptability of various text entry techniques (e.g., speech and gesture-based systems, multimodal text entry techniques);
* Cross-technique/device language model sharing;
* Methods of teaching/convincing users to learn and adopt new text entry techniques;
* Impacts of errors in text entry, and new error correction methods;
* Text entry techniques for special user groups (e.g., children, elderly, physically impaired, and low-income individuals);
* International text entry techniques; and
* Any other text entry related topics.
Interested participants must submit a short position statement by May 31, 2018 (17:00 PST) outlining a biography, a summary of any past/future work relevant to the workshop theme; and suggesting a scenario they would like to explore during the workshop. Accepted authors may submit an "optional" technical paper for possible inclusion in the workshop program by July 30, 2018 (17:00 PST).
All submissions will be peer-reviewed with accepted papers being presented at the workshop. At least one author must register for both the workshop and for at least one day of the MobileHCI 2018 conference.
Accepted position statements and technical papers will be distributed in the Workshop Proceedings available in the CEUR Workshop Proceedings (http://CEUR-WS.org). However, authors may opt out of this service (in which case, the submission will be excluded from the Proceedings).
* Website: http://mhci18.textentry.org.uk
* Write a position statement or technical paper in the SIGCHI Extended Abstracts Format (maximum four pages excluding references)
* Submit a position statement or technical paper in PDF format via https://goo.gl/forms/ZUrKVrzvgHMgXS1r1.
* Alternatively, email your documents at [log in to unmask], if you do not have a Google account.
* Date: September 3, 2018
* Location: MobileHCI 2018, Barcelona, Spain
* Position statement deadline: May 31, 2018 (17:00 PST) [Extended]
* Position statement notification: June 7, 2018
* Optional technical paper submission deadline: July 30, 2018 (17:00 PST)
* Ahmed Sabbir Arif, University of California, Merced, USA, https://www.asarif.com
* Wolfgang Stuerzlinger, Simon Fraser University, Canada, http://ws.iat.sfu.ca
* Mark D. Dunlop, University of Strathclyde, UK, http://www.textentry.org.uk
* Xin Yi, Tsinghua University, China, https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=7Uy9RVYAAAAJ
* Caitlyn Seim, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA, https://www.cc.gatech.edu/~cseim6
Ahmed Sabbir Arif, PhD
Assistant Professor, University of California, Merced
Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) Group
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org