From:
Matthias Korn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthias Korn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2011 12:13:08 +0100
[apologies for cross-posting]

              Call for Student Volunteers at ECSCW 2011

   12th European Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work
                  September 24-28, Aarhus, Denmark

                       http://bit.ly/ecscwsv

                 Application Deadline: May 16, 2011

Student volunteers are an integral part of ECSCW and have been for many
years. From behind the scenes you get the chance to see exciting and
impressive contributions from the very diverse ECSCW community. And
most importantly, being a student volunteer gives promising young
researchers the opportunity to meet a great number of practitioners
from an array of disciplines and expertise come together and contribute
with cutting-edge research in the field of CSCW.

We need you to make the ECSCW conference the best it can be, and are
therefore looking for a group of 12 creative and enthusiastic student
volunteers to help us create the best conference experience possible!
As a student volunteer you will assist in the practical organization
and running of the conference.

Why become a volunteer?
The networking opportunities are invaluable! You not only gain an
insight into the field of CSCW, but get to meet and discuss your
interests with new and established members of the community. You will
be part of the conference organization team and get to work closely
with a group of people that share your interests. We will try our best
to make sure that you get to attend the sessions you most want to see.

What is expected of you
As a student volunteer you are either a Master's or Ph.D. student
during the 2010-2011 academic year. You are required to put in
approximately 20 hours of work during the conference. You should also
have great communicative skills in English. No other experience is
required. We are looking for enthusiastic, intelligent, reliable
people. We encourage students from a range of disciplines to apply so
we can form a diverse and exciting group!

What you will get from this experience:

* Free conference registration
* A conference dinner ticket
* A student volunteer t-shirt
* An invitation to the thank you dinner
* Free accommodation in a shared double room at CabInn Hotel, Aarhus

... what you agree to:

* Work approx. 20 hours throughout the whole conference (September
24-28 in Aarhus, Denmark)
* Show up to tasks on time
* Attend an orientation session
* Arrive at the conference by Sunday morning at the latest (September
24)

*Please be aware* that travel expenses to and from the conference are
not covered.

A valid student identification card or letter from your university or
school must be presented when registering at the conference.

Your application
To register your interest in becoming a student volunteer, please fill
out the following form: http://bit.ly/ecscw11sv

The deadline for submitting applications is on May 16th, 2011.
Notifications of acceptance are sent out on June 1st, 2011.

We expect to get more applications than we need, so early application
is encouraged. However, we will make a waiting list so do not be
discouraged if you apply close to or after the deadline.

We hope you will join us for a great conference experience!

Questions?
Do not hesitate to contact us!
Mail: [log in to unmask]

Student Volunteer Co-Chairs
* Nikolaj Gandrup Borchorst, Aarhus University
* Matthias Korn, Aarhus University

--
Matthias Korn, Ph.D. Fellow
Department of Computer Science, Aarhus University