From:
"anke.brock" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2019 18:04:39 +0100
iHDI - First International Workshop on Human-Drone Interaction at CHI '19
http://hdi.famnit.upr.si/
IMPORTANT DATES
Deadline for Submissions extended to February 19, 2019 Acceptance
Notifications: March 1, 2019 Workshop day: Sunday, 5 May 2019 from 8 am
to 2 pm

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Drones are becoming increasingly ubiquitous to our environments. Many
applications have appeared such as using drones as companions or
producing 3D-data visualization. Such applications led to new challenges
in the design and development of drone interfaces. In this first
international workshop on Human-Drone Interaction (HDI),through hands-on
sessions, and group discussions with experts
<http://hdi.famnit.upr.si/#programme>, we give this emerging field a
platform by bringing together researchers and practitioners. We seek to
structure previous research efforts, identify new research directions,
and current advances and challenges in this novel research area.

We seek high quality contributions that explore the advances and
challenges in HDI and that suggest new ways of interacting with drones.
Submissions are invited but not limited to the following topics:

  *

    Novel applications

  *

    Novel interaction techniques

  *

    Manual and automated control

  *

    Flying user interfaces

  *

    First-person view flying

  *

    Creating everyday interaction with drones

  *

    Increasing safety and security

  *

    Communicating drone interactivity

  *

    Accessibility

Authors are invited to submit a 2 to 6-page position paper following
theCHI Extended Abstract
<http://chi2019.acm.org/authors/chi-proceedings-format/>format, on or
before February 12th, 2019 atEasychair
<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=hdi2019>. Authors should also
submit three topics which they would like to discuss during the
workshop, and their preference of presentation format (poster or oral
presentation).

We will publish the proceedings of the workshop on our website and
through HAL <https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/>, which will be indexed
by Google scholar. Selected authors will be invited to submit to a
special journal issue.

At least one author must attend the workshop. All participants must
register for the workshop and at least one day of the conference.

The workshop will take place during the CHI19 conference
<http://chi2019.acm.org/>on Sunday May 5th from 8 am to 2 pm.

CONTACT

For more information, please visit the workshop website:
http://hdi.famnit.upr.si/

For additional questions, contact us at: [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

ORGANIZERS

Anke Brock, ENAC - Univ. Toulouse, France

Jessica Cauchard, Interdisciplinary Center (IDC) Herzliya, Israel

Markus Funk, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany

Jérémie Garcia, ENAC- Univ. Toulouse, France

Mohamed Khamis, University of Glasgow, UK

Matjaž Kljun, University of Primorska, Slovenia