From:
Marianna Obrist <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marianna Obrist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Dec 2016 16:54:49 +0000
Being a SIGCHI Communication Ambassador is an exclusive opportunity for students, researcher and professionals active in the field of Human-Computer Interaction (HCI) around the world to spread the word about SIGCHI’s mission and members’ activities across the globe.

ACM SIGCHI is the leading international community of people interested in research, education and the practical application of HCI. We enable our members to create and shape how people interact with technology and understand how technologies have an impact in people’s lives.

== KEY FACTS ==

Applications due: 5th February 2015
Apply here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1d82cQhQiwbO7RkGkdwIQ0f7X9reKTt1bMmoNolTaz-U/edit?usp=sharing

== WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE AN AMBASSADOR? ==

We are searching volunteers around the world to become a SIGCHI Communication Ambassador.

Who are we looking for?
Individuals active in the field of HCI that are (ideally) members of SIGCHI (students or professional members) with social media experience to create, curate, or translate content about local activities for global sharing.

Why is it worth volunteering?
As a SIGCHI Communication Ambassador you will be recognized for your volunteering activities on the SIGCHI website (http://sigchi.org/) and are on the forefront of connecting and informing the members across the world. This could be an activity that helps students and early career researchers to get insights into how SIGCHI as a volunteer organization works and create awareness about the SIGCHI community, global activities, and local achievements.

What is expected?
As a SIGCHI Communication Ambassador you are expected to regularly provide content on what is going on in a specific part of the world (bimonthly), share exciting news by translating them from the local language to English, so we can share it on a global scale through the SIGCHI social media channels (twitter, facebook, LinkedIn, youtube, etc.). You create news items in form of a short text ideally accompanied with visuals (pictures, video) to be shared.

== HOW TO APPLY? ==

If you are interested to become a SIGCHI Communication Ambassador please complete the following short application form (due February 5, 2017). Notifications to applicants will be send within one month after closing date.

Application Form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1d82cQhQiwbO7RkGkdwIQ0f7X9reKTt1bMmoNolTaz-U/edit?usp=sharing

If you have any questions, please contact Marianna Obrist: send an email to [log in to unmask] with the header “SIGCHI Ambassador”.

On behalf of the SIGCHI Communications Team