From:
Francisco Ortega <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Francisco Ortega <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Oct 2020 16:44:07 -0600
Dear All,

I'm one of the SV co-chairs (along with Manoela Silva) for ISMAR 2020.

Many of you know how hard is virtual conferences and the student volunteers
(SVs) are not getting the type of networking that they would normally get.
Many of them will do many hours in exchange for admission, which for many,
is around 50 dollars this year. This is also true for all of our graduate
students (and even faculty) attending conferences in a virtual form.

We want to provide SVs some mentoring/networking sessions. We are looking
for people at all levels of faculty ranks and industry to provide this to
the SVs. This will be either in the form of a panel with Q&A or some more
informal sessions.

If you can participate, please fill this survey out:
https://forms.gle/aGSDec8KLDyccr4r9

You can volunteer at little as one hour. Even 1-2 hours will be a lot to
many of these SVs. Depending on how many panels we can do, we may open them
up.

We want to provide the panels and informal sessions before or after the
conference. ISMAR will happen between Nov 9 to the 12. http://ismar20.org/
Francisco R. Ortega, Ph.D.
Computer Science - 3D User Interfaces
Assistant Professor, Colorado State  University
"No me quieras porque gané, necesito que me quieras para ganar" -- Marcelo
Bielsa