Sender:
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2012 00:28:02 +0000
From:
Carlos Duarte <[log in to unmask]>
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:
- Due to the processing of student support requests the advance
registration deadline has been extended to January 27 for all
registration categories.

IUI 2012 - the 17th ACM International Conference on Intelligent User Interfaces
February 14-17, 2012 - Lisbon, Portugal
http://iuiconf.org/

Intelligent User Interfaces (IUI) is the premier international
conference for bringing together researchers from academia, nonprofit
organizations, industry and practitioners of the trade, who are
working on Novel Interaction and Intelligent Interfaces, including
related empirical studies and technologies. IUI 2012 will be held in
Lisbon, Portugal, February 14-17 2012.

> ARE YOU A STUDENT PLANNING TO ATTEND IUI 2012?
We are very pleased to announce support for student travel costs.
Please follow the instructions at
http://iuiconf.org/student_grants.html to help us determine your
eligibility.

> ADVANCE REGISTRATION CLOSES JANUARY 27
See http://iuiconf.org/registration.html for prices and registration
instructions.

> FULL PROGRAM NOW AVAILABLE
After a demanding review process, IUI's technical program will be
comprised by 18 long oral paper presentations, 16 short oral paper
presentations, 18 poster presentations and 18 demonstrations. You can
consult the program at http://iuiconf.org/overview.html

> SPECIAL SESSION ON HIGHLIGHTS OF IUI
This year the technical program will also include a 'Special Session
on Highlights of IUI' where emerging new research by ACM Transactions
on Interactive Intelligent Systems authors will be presented.

> EXCITING INVITED TALKS
Make sure you don't miss out on the invited talks by:
- Alex 'Sandy' Pentland (MIT)
- Christopher Bishop (Microsoft Research)
- Takeo Igarashi (Univ. Tokyo)
More information available at http://iuiconf.org/keynote_speakers.html

ORGANIZATION

General Conference Co-Chairs:
Carlos Duarte, Univ. Lisbon, Portugal
Luís Carriço, Univ. Lisbon, Portugal

Program Committee Co-Chairs:
Joaquim Jorge, INESC-ID, Portugal
Sharon Oviatt, Incaa Designs, USA
Daniel Gonçalves, INESC-ID, Portugal

Workshop Co-Chairs:
Andreas Butz, Univ. of Munich, Germany, USA
Per Ola Kristensson, Univ. of St. Andrews, UK

Demonstrations Chair:
Nadir Weibel, Univ. California San Diego, USA

Doctoral Consortium Co-Chairs:
Nuria Oliver, Telefonica Research, Spain
Mauro Cherubini, Telefonica Research, Spain

CONTACTS

All contacts are available at: http://iuiconf.org/committee.html

Carlos Duarte
IUI 2012 Conference Co-chair