From:
Karin Hansson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karin Hansson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 2020 09:24:22 +0000
Call for proposals

Datafication and cultural heritage - provocations, threats, and design opportunities
A workshop at ECSCW 2020, June 14, in Siegen, Germany.

Due to the current situation we will accept remote presentations.

Increasing digitization and the emergence of new data sharing practices are likely to change how our understanding of history is negotiated. Archiving practices are not only fundamental for our understanding of the past but vital in navigating the present. We have to pay particular attention to the consequences of the interfaces that curate history, especially in relation to big data. Crowdsourcing, social media, linked open data, and other participatory and open science practices challenge the archiving practices in cultural heritage institutions, but they also open up new opportunities and practices when it comes to understanding and defining our shared culture.
In this workshop we will bring together researchers who have studied these issues or are working to develop critical perspectives on archiving practices.

Deadline for submissions is April 3, 2020.

The maximum length of a position paper is 2,000 words. The papers should follow the CSCW formatting guidelines<https://www.springer.com/journal/10606/submission-guidelines>. Submissions and inquiries shall be sent to the following email address: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Authors of accepted papers will be invited to contribute to a special issue on the theme.
For more information about the workshop and suggested topics visit the web page: https://dataficationandculturalheritage.blogs.dsv.su.se