From:
"Page, Xinru" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Page, Xinru
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2019 02:09:40 +0000
Colleagues,

We have lined up two amazing panels for the Industry & Academia Privacy Symposium, a couple notable panelists being the president of IAPP and the UX lead for Facebook privacy. You won't want to miss the discussion on key online privacy challenges. Please register at by Wednesday at the latest to help us plan.

Best,
Xinru

I'm pleased to announce the Industry & Academia Privacy Symposium on Monday, June 10th at Bentley University (greater Boston area) that will feature presentations and panels by leading privacy scholars, as well as practitioner perspectives on key online privacy challenges. The presenters are authors from a book to be released by Springer next year, "Modern Perspectives on Privacy", edited by Bart Knijnenburg (Clemson U), Heather Lipford (UNC Charlotte), Xinru Page (Bentley U), Nicholas Proferes (U Kentucky), Jen Romano-Berstrom (Bridgewater Associates, UXPA President - User Experience Professionals Assoc.), and Pamela Wisniewski (U Central Florida). The event is open to the public and part of a larger joint effort to translate between academic research and practice in industry, and to make digital privacy research accessible. Thanks to sponsorship by BostonCHI, Bentley's Data Innovation Network, Advanced Distributed Learning, registration costs are subsidized (also, students and those with financial limitations are encouraged to contact us at [log in to unmask] for a complimentary registration). We also want to acknowledge our partnerships with Future of Privacy Forum and UXPA for their role in supporting the event.

Topics will include Privacy in Healthcare IT, Internet of Things, Privacy-Enhancing Technologies, Personalization, Cross-Cultural perspective, Vulnerable Populations, Ethics and Policy, and more. See our website for full details and list of authors.

Register by June 5: http://www.modern-privacy.org/

About some of our sponsors and partners:

BostonCHI has been supporting Boston's HCI and UX community for over 35 years with our monthly speaker series. Topics range from responsive design, designing apps for healthcare in the developing world, and privacy in the world of IoT, from speakers such as Jared Spool, Steve Krug, and Ethan Marcotte. Learn more and join us at BostonCHI.org.

Bentley Data Innovation Network brings together scholars from Bentley University and our partner organizations to create insights on data-driven innovation. We strive to understand better the ways in which intelligent use of data transforms human activity and the impacts of these changes. Connect with us at www.bentley.edu/networks/data

The annual User Experience Professionals Association (UXPA) International Conference, in its 28th year, is the premier conference for UX professionals. The unique 3-day experience consists of 64 presentations and 15 courses with renowned speakers. The conference will bring designers, researchers and academics from all over the world together in Scottsdale, AZ. Sessions include UX tools and techniques, emerging innovations, developing your career and everything in-between for all levels of UX professionals. www.uxpa2019.org

Future of Privacy Forum is a nonprofit organization that serves as a catalyst for privacy leadership and scholarship, advancing principled data practices in support of emerging technologies. FPF brings together industry, academics, consumer advocates, and other thought leaders to explore the challenges posed by technological innovation and develop privacy protections, ethical norms, and workable business practices. FPF helps fill the void in the "space not occupied by law" which exists due to the speed of technology development. https://fpf.org/