From:
Robert Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Mack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 07:50:19 -0400
CONTACT: Workshop Chairs (see below)

Call for Submission

(deadline: 14 September, 2001)

CHI2002 Workshops

http://www.acm.org/sigchi/chi2002/workshops.html

20-25 April 2002
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA.

We would like to invite you to submit Workshop Proposals for CHI2002,
which will be held on 20-25 April 2002 in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA.

Workshops provide a valuable opportunity for small communities of people
with diverse perspectives to engage in rich discussions about a topic of
common interest. Interaction among participants is important, so
participants must have informed positions based on prior experience.
Workshops can focus on research or applied topics. We would particularly
encourage workshops that address the conference theme Changing the
World, Changing Ourselves through innovative, controversial, or highly
practical topics. We encourage submissions addressing basic research,
applied research, new methodologies, emerging application areas, design
innovations and HCI education. Each workshop will result in a SIGCHI
Bulletin article that gives the CHI community a new, organized way of
thinking about the topic and that suggests promising directions for
future research. Many workshops result in edited books or special issues
of journals.

Workshops are held on the Sunday and Monday prior to the conference. A
workshop may be one or two days in length. Design your schedule for a
length of 6 hours per day, with a lunch break and two coffee breaks.
Most workshops have 12 to 15 participants. A fee is charged to each
workshop participant to cover materials. The workshop fee will be waived
for two of the workshop's organizers.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about the
workshops or the submission requirements.

Deadline:  14 September 2001

Send To:

For submission details: http://www.acm.org/sigchi/chi2002/workshops.html

Workshops Co-Chairs:

Chris Johnson (University of Glasgow, Scotland)

Mary Czerwinski (Microsoft Research, USA)