From:
Francisco Ortega <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Francisco Ortega <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2021 12:03:22 -0600
  Dear all,

**Sorry for cross-posting **

During the last IEEE VR, we had a great workshop: DISCE 2021

Here is a short description but you can read the site for more:

https://sites.google.com/view/disce/home

**
Distributed Interactive Systems for Collaboration Experiences (DISCE)
workshop will seek research and position submissions on collaborative
Virtual or Augmented Reality three-dimensional interactive systems that
have a remote component (e.g., Telepresence, Mixed-presence). The goal is
to identify and discuss common interests, the latest research, and the
difficulties/challenges that remote collaborative systems may have (e.g.,
network latency, interaction techniques).
**

We conducted surveys. I still have them open until the end of the month to
see if anyone else would like to participate and have a chance to win
monetary prizes.

This will help us a lot. I meant to send it earlier but it was buried in my
drafts.

I'm planning to close the surveys by the end of the month. The surveys have
great prizes, including a grand prize of 250 dollars.

Some people that attended DISCE Workshop already filled in. If you did
attend and have not done it, please do so. If you did and only did one of
the two surveys, please complete the other.

If you did attend but would like to participate, you can watch the videos
of the workshop below:

DISCE Workshop Videos:
Part 1:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPp9jWH7oOk
Part 2:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OD44Ldwe0Q

You can do either Survey 1+2 if you watch the videos. Otherwise, you can do
Survey 3.

Before watching: Survey 1
 https://forms.gle/jQZCsQNtd4Y9Hrh56

After watching Survey 2.
https://forms.gle/voney5KfmZkdxKWF8

If for some reason, you don't want to watch but still want a prize, you can
fill Survey 3:

https://forms.gle/fuh1YwDJExkvCJSZA

Prizes:
(US Dollars)

Survey 1 + Survey 2: 1x 250 , 2 x 100 , 4 x 50, 8 x 25
Survey 3 (for people did not attend the workshop): 1 x 100, 4 x 25

I will close this by the end of June or early July.

Thanks,
Francisco R. Ortega, Ph.D.
Computer Science - 3D User Interfaces. https://nuilab.org
Assistant Professor, Colorado State  University
"No me quieras porque gané, necesito que me quieras para ganar" -- Marcelo
Bielsa