Sender:
From:
"Paul M. Aoki" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 15:06:29 PST
[My apologies for any duplicate postings you receive.  Please send
comments or follow-ups to the chairs ([log in to unmask]). - pma]

Date sent:              Tue, 9 Nov 2004 13:14:12 PST
From:                   [log in to unmask]
Subject:                WWW2005 submission server status and extension

At approximately midnight Eastern Time on Nov 8th, the Witanweb
submission server for WWW2005 got corrupted.  We had to shut it down
for extensive repairs, and the system administrators were only able to
recover the state of the system as of about 7pm.

The submission server is now available and accepting
submissions/updates again.  In light of the circumstances, we have
extended the submission deadline to:

 ***   5pm Eastern Time on Wednesday Nov 10th,2004

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and confusion this may
have caused.  If you submitted a paper and made any changes to your
submission (upload the paper file, change any author information,
etc.)  between approximately 7pm and midnight Nov 8, it is likely your
changes have been lost.  If you have not already done so, we urge you
to log into the system in this case and re-submit your update; again,
our apologies for this burden.  To be extra sure, we are sending
explicit mail to all authors who submitted paper records that did not
have actual papers attached to them as of this morning.

If you registered a submission and didn't have a chance to upload your
paper, you should be able to do it now.  If you submitted a paper
already, you are free to use the extra day to modify it.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding.

Fred Douglis
Prabhakar Raghavan
WWW2005 Program co-chairs