From:
Özge Subaşı <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Özge Subaşı <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jun 2020 10:59:29 +0300
We are happy to announce a call for participation (CfP) for the NordiCHI
2020 workshop on sharing, cooperatives, economics, and design. The workshop
will take place as part of the NordiCHI 2020 conference in Tallin, Estonia,
October 25-29 (or virtual)

We invite scholars, designers, and activists with a background in
computing, design, economics, sociology, anthropology and beyond to
participate in our workshop. The CfP is below, the submissions are
lightweight and the remote attendance is possible.

The NordiCHI 2020 workshop “Sharing & Cooperativism: Designing for
Economies” aims to bring together practitioners and scholars working at
the intersection of sharing, cooperativism, and design.

By turning to sharing and cooperativism, we imagine building systems in
relation to the wider social and political structures surrounding
these concepts. Yet, in sharing and cooperativism, less emphasis is given
to the possibilities that design can bring to the emerging interactions at
the intersections of social, cultural, and economic issues. A progressive
approach is needed to uncover the relationship of sharing and cooperativism
to new design paradigms that allows us to move towards an alternative
understanding of economies through design. Our aim is to ground
this discussion through a design workshop that is well-aligned with the
historical, political, and economic infrastructures in order to shape
the relationship of design and economics in the context of sharing and
cooperativism.

We call for participants from diverse backgrounds to contribute to a
critical discussion at the intersection of design, sharing, cooperativism,
and economics on the workshop's thematic areas: (i) Local relational assets
in sharing; (ii) Global sharing cultures, and (iii) Design beyond markets
for sharing and cooperativism. More details:
https://sharingcoopnordichi2020.wordpress.com/theme

To apply, please submit a 1-4 page(s) position paper explaining your
interests in design and cooperativism in the ACM Submission Template
format by September 1, 2020 through our website
https://sharingcoopnordichi2020.wordpress.com . To promote broader
participation from design practitioners, and community activists, we offer
the option of submitting alternative material in the form of a design
portfolio, a short manifesto, or the like.

NordiCHI is the main Nordic forum for Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)
research, held bi-annually. "NordiCHI addresses the field broadly and is a
meeting place for researchers from academia and industry, designers,
practitioners, educators and others working within HCI and related
disciplines.” (nordichi2020.org)

*Key dates:*
Submission Deadline: September 1, 2020, 5pm PDT
Notification: September 8, 2020
Workshop: October 25/26, 2020

Organizers:
Özge Subasi, Koç University (TR)
Anton Fedosov, University of Zurich (CH)
Oliver Bates, Lancaster University (UK)
Airi Lampinen, Stockholm University (SE)
Ann Light, University of Sussex (UK) and Malmö University (SE)

More details: https://sharingcoopnordichi2020.wordpress.com
Questions? Drop us an email at [log in to unmask]

Check also "Sharing & Caring" Network:
http://sharingandcaring.eu/about-sharing-and-caring

Looking forward to your contributions!

--

Asst. Prof. Ozge Subasi
Futurewell: Cocreation and Wellbeing Group

College of Social Sciences
Department of Media and Visual Arts
Koç University, ISTANBUL
Twitter: @sozges