From:
Tadashi Okoshi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tadashi Okoshi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jun 2020 20:05:01 +0900
*** We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this CFP ***

* ACM SenSys 2020: Call for Research Posters Related to COVID-19 Pandemic
Response *Submission deadline: 23:59 (AoE), September 25, 2020
Conference: November 16-19, 2020 (entirely online)

*http://sensys.acm.org/2020 <http://sensys.acm.org/2020> *

We sincerely hope that you and your family members are staying safe during
the COVID-19 pandemic. As an embedded and

mobile sensing community, many research groups are putting together efforts
to assist healthcare workers in better treating

this world-wide pandemic, as well as to support general public in better
protecting themselves from potential risks of exposure.

ACM SenSys 2019 will host a special session for sharing such efforts and
solicits submissions of poster-style abstracts

reflecting on-going research progress. We welcome submissions that discuss
topics related to (but are not limited to) the following

-       Contact tracing technologies for COVID-19

-       Data collection and analytics for COVID-19

-       System design and deployment experiences

-       IT-medicine collaborative efforts in tackling infectious diseases

-       Clinical support systems for pandemic response

-       System design for remote education

-       Other system design and implementation experiences to address
challenges in the with-COVID-19/post-COVID-19 era

Submitted abstracts will be evaluated based on technical merit and
innovation as well as their potential to stimulate interesting

discussions and exchange of ideas.

Authors of accepted abstracts will be given a one-minute slot in a “madness
session” during the SenSys main conference

to present their work in front of the conference audience, in addition to
the poster presentation with other SenSys2020 poster

track accepted authors. (Detail format of the presentation mentioned above
is yet to be decided.)

All abstracts shall be formatted according to the main conference paper
layout. Accepted abstracts will appear in the

conference proceedings and the ACM Digital Library.

*Award *All papers will be considered for the Best Research Award (*COVID-19
Pandemic Response Track)*. The program committee

will select candidates for the award among accepted papers and select one
or more award papers.

*Submission Instructions*

Abstracts must be submitted as a single PDF containing no more than 2 pages.
The submission should be self-contained

ready for publication, including the title, authors, institutional
affiliations and contact information, abstract, main body, and

references. Submissions must use a 10pt font (or larger) and be correctly
formatted for printing on Letter-sized (8.5" by 11")

paper. Paper text blocks must follow ACM guidelines: double column, with
each column 9.25" by 3.33", 0.33" space

between columns and single-spaced. Submissions can use this LaTeX template
that is known to comply with the formatting

requirements. Please DO NOT anonymize your submission. Upon acceptance,
instructions for the final camera-ready

abstract will be provided.

You may include links to additional online material such as videos. Links
to videos showing the demonstration are especially

 encouraged. Videos of accepted abstracts will be linked from the SenSys
web pages and permanently included in the

ACM Digital Library.

At least one author of an accepted paper needs to register for the
conference and present the paper at the conference.

(Discount author rate for the authors on this track is now under
consideration. TBD)

*Submission Site*

TBD

*Important Dates*

23:59 (AoE), September 25, 2020 – Submission Deadline

23:59 (AoE), October 9, 2020 – Notification of Acceptance

23:59 (AoE), October 20, 2020 – Camera-ready Submission Deadline (tentative)

November 16-19, 2020 – ACM SenSys2020

*Organizing Committee*

Tadashi Okoshi (Keio University)

JeongGil Ko (Yonsei University)

*SenSys2020 goes to entirely online:* *We've been monitoring the progress
of COVID-19 pandemic. It is a very** dynamic target and the risk of mass
physical gathering remains high. Putting the wellbeing of the community
above all, we, the entire OC and SC, have decided to take SenSys2020
entirely virtual. With the change, we'll also be able to offer a discount
registration fee while you worry less about travel restrictions/costs.
Therefore, please do not hesitate to contribute your latest research result
to the conference! We believe the decision is the best, albeit difficult,
for us all, and the local OC members hope sincerely that there will be
other opportunities to welcome you all to Japan.*