Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 06:53:39 -0400
Sender: "ACM SIGCHI General Interest Announcements (Mailing List)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: Robert Beaton <[log in to unmask]>
We've extended the deadline for submissions to our MobileHCI workshop on Mixed Methods for Research in Mobile HCI.
All accepted position papers will appear on the ACM Digital Library in the MobileHCI 2016 Adjunct Proceedings – for more
information see below.

***

  MobileHCI 2016 Workshop on [On The Move:] Mixed Methods for Research in Mobile HCI

  Florence, Italy, 6th September 2016
  Submission due date: Monday 13th June 2016 **EXTENDED**

  http://sites.google.com/site/onthemoveworkshop/
***

Submission Deadline: 13 June, 2016 **EXTENDED**

Living at the intersection of several disciplines, HCI is ripe for use of different methods, and mobile HCI is no exception. While in practice mobile HCI’s methodological repertoire is broadening, these various approaches could be better integrated and there is much to learn from mixed methods literature in other disciplines The goal of On the Move is to bring together researchers from industry and academia who practice mixed methods research in order to share experiences, successes, and failures using mixed research methods for mobile HCI. Through activities and discussion, we will bridge the gap between the mixed methodological literature and participants' experiences, define frameworks for practicing mixed methods research, and engage in research design exercises towards the goal of publishing a paper of mixed methods frameworks for mobile HCI research.

To participate, submit a position paper not to exceed 4 pages in the SIGCHI Extended Abstracts Format to [log in to unmask] by 13 June, 2016 **EXTENDED**. Position papers should describe a mixed methods project undertaken by the author in the domain of mobile HCI. Authors should describe the research goals and study design, the rationale for selected methods, what successes they found, where they faced challenges, and what they wished they had done differently. We will select participants that clearly demonstrate mixed methods expertise while ensuring that participants represent a breadth of different mixed methods designs. At least one author of accepted papers must register for the workshop and for the conference itself.