From:
Eva Hornecker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eva Hornecker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2011 12:41:48 +0100
(Updated) Call for submissions for CHI 12 Interactivity Research and
Explorations track

http://chi2012.acm.org/cfp-interactivity.shtml

For CHI 2012 there are two categories within the Interactivity scheme
with separate submission processes.
	• Research
	• Explorations

	• Submission: 9 January 2012 (5:00pm PDT) (see website for details)
	• Notification: 10 February 2012
	• Camera Ready: 17 February 2012
	• Selection process (both Research and Explorations): Juried and
Curated
	• Extended Abstract: on DVD and ACM Digital Library

Interactivity is your chance to fully engage CHI attendees at a
personal level by letting them see, touch, squeeze, hear or even smell
your interactive visions for the future. Interactivity promotes and
provokes discussion of the role of technology, and invites
contributions from industry, research, the arts and design.

Interactivity Research is the high-visibility, high-impact forum of
the Technical Program which allows you to present your hands-on
demonstration in two sessions. This track is for the year's most
exciting research prototypes and demos. If you have a working
prototype, device, or system we want to know about it. Getting people
hands-on with your interface is often the best way to communicate what
you have created.

Patrick Baudisch, Hasso Plattner Institute, Germany; Florian ‘Floyd’
Mueller, Stanford University, USA

Interactivity Explorations is about cultural applications and
explorations of future technologies. If your work asks questions and
inspires reflection on the role of technology in people’s lives, their
dreams and imaginations we want to hear from you. We are looking for
artworks, design experiences as well as inspirational technologies
that the audience can engage with intellectually and imaginatively.
The Explorations track moves beyond proof of concept prototypes to
cultural applications and explorations. We invite submissions from
artists, researchers, designers and industry: come share your vision
of the future with the delegates at CHI.0

Eva Hornecker, University of Strathclyde, UK; Danielle Wilde,
daniellewilde.com

New & better this year: Get more attention, simplified submission

We understand that interactivity authors often contribute more effort
than any other contributors to CHI. To recognize this, we have made
the following changes:

Interactivity Research:
More visibility for Interactivity Research content: Different from
previous years, there is a dedicated time-slot on Tuesday afternoon
with no competing paper sessions, so you will have CHI attendees’
undivided attention. The Wednesday lunch-time slot will provide
another opportunity for conference exhibitors to see your exhibit*.  *
We may invite a small number of selected submissions to exhibit at
other occasions which will be negotiated.

Interactivity Explorations (for the first time at CHI!):
Explorations will be exhibited throughout the conference, each work on
a specified day, as well as at the conference reception*. The audience
will have the time and space to view everything, and authors will have
a chance to see more of CHI, as well as view the other explorations
and research demos. * Presentation times will be negotiated with
accepted submissions to accommodate the requirements of the different
works.

Similar to past years, there is  a simplified submission process for
"paper" and "note" authors: The interactivity deadline is 3 weeks
after the paper/notes acceptance notifications. We encourage authors
of accepted papers and notes to submit their work also to the
appropriate Interactivity track of their choice. To simplify things,
upload the PDF of your accepted paper or note instead of the extended
abstract.

Funding: If your project requires you to ship a large amount of
material, talk to us: we can fund travel & shipping expenses for
selected projects.

For details see http://chi2012.acm.org/cfp-interactivity.shtml

the Interactivity chairs

--°--°--°--°--°--°--°--°--°--°--°--°--°--°--°--°--°--°--°--°--°--°--°--°
Eva Hornecker (Dr. / PhD) lecturer

postal address:
   Department of Computer and Information Sciences
   University of Strathclyde
   Livingstone Tower, 26 Richmond Street
   Glasgow G1 1XH, UK

http://www.ehornecker.de