From:
Kasthuri JAYARAJAH <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kasthuri JAYARAJAH <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 May 2015 14:07:00 +0000
The 2nd Workshop on Physical Analytics (WPA-15) (http://www.ares.smu.edu.sg/wpa15/)  will be held next week.  WPA-15 has an exciting and varied technical program addressing technologies, applications and business domains that center on the capture and understanding of the physical behavior of individuals (and groups) in the physical world. The relevant details are:

Location:                               Florence, Italy (co-located with ACM Mobisys)
Date:                                       Friday, May 22, 2015
Registration Link:                 http://www.sigmobile.org/mobisys/2015/reg.php
Final Program:                       http://www.ares.smu.edu.sg/wpa15/program.html

*********IMPORTANT:  FREE REGISTRATION FOR STUDENTS (LIMITED)***********
Due to the generous sponsorship from our sponsors, Microsoft Research and TCS, we're happy to announce a fantastic late-breaking opportunity: FREE REGISTRATION for a limited number of students. To provide more students the opportunity to take advantage of the exciting program, we are offering complimentary student registration (for the WPA workshop only) to a small set of graduate students.  This privilege is open to any full-time graduate student, affiliated with any institution.  To apply for this registration, please send an email titled "Application for Complimentary WPA Registration" to the chairs Dina Katabi [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> and Archan Misra <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>.  In the email, please provide a VERY SHORT description of your research and how you will benefit from attending this workshop. Also, as the objective is to support student participants who might otherwise not have an opportunity to participate, this offer is NOT meant for student authors of papers being presented at the workshop, nor for folks who've already registered.

Please send the email by **Friday May 15th 12 noon EDT**-we will respond with our decisions by Sunday May 17.

Highlights of the WPA-15 program include:
*  Keynote talk titled "Adventures in Human Sensing using Smart Devices" by Dr. Venkat Padmanabhan, Microsoft Research India
* 3 Invited Talks by renowned academic and industry researchers (Cecilia Mascolo, Gabe Cohn and Arpan Pal)
* 6 Refereed Papers and 2 Specially Invited Papers on key aspects of Physical Analytics (including retail, telematics and workplace applications)

We look forward to seeing everyone at the WPA-15 workshop!

Dina Katabi and Archan Misra
WPA-15 Co-Chairs