From:
Francisco Ortega <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Francisco Ortega <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 2020 16:50:33 -0600
 ** Sorry for Cross-Posting **
Francisco R. Ortega, Ph.D.
Computer Science - 3D User Interfaces. https://nuilab.org
Assistant Professor, Colorado State  University
"No me quieras porque gané, necesito que me quieras para ganar" -- Marcelo
Bielsa

From: Alana Da Gama <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 1:22 PM
To: Manoela Silva <[log in to unmask]>

ISMAR 2020 Diversity and Accessibility Registration Waiver

We are pleased to announce that ISMAR 2020 will be providing a free
registration opportunity to encourage diverse participation.

ISMAR is the main international Mixed and Augmented Reality Conference.

Out of an abundance of caution surrounding COVID-19, the decision has been
made to convert the in-person component of ISMAR 2020 into an all-digital
conference experience. Moreover, ISMAR 2020 will be the first ISMAR in VR
ever using VirBELA. The conference dates remain the same – 09-13 November
2020.
http://ismar20.org/diversity-and-accessibility-registration-waiver/

It is our belief that a diverse community is important to ensure
representation in the development of technology that matters to a global
society.  We value inclusive diversity in all forms, including but not
limited to: age, race, ethnicity, culture, religious beliefs, language,
socioeconomic status, citizenship, national origin, physical appearance,
gender, marital status, sexual orientation, and physical abilities.  We
also acknowledge the historical barriers for limiting the access and
participation of some groups.

In this context ISMAR 2020 offers a limited number of free registrations to
attendees from the following underrepresented groups, sponsored by VGTC:

   -

   Global South and developing countries;
   -

   Women and other underrepresented genders;
   -

   Underrepresented race and ethnicity;
   -

   Applicants with disabilities.

We will prioritize:

   -

   Students;
   -

   Applicants with accepted submissions.

Last call: Extended deadline for applications is October 28, 2020 (23:59
AoE).

To apply for a free registration, please complete this form:
https://forms.gle/hqw1Wkbs2smLJcXz5

If you are already registered you can also apply for the waiver.

If you have any questions, please reach out via [log in to unmask]

Diversity and Accessibility Chairs
[image: image.png]