From:
Lindsay Young <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lindsay Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:04:39 -0500
Hi all,

My apologies for cross posting. Just a final friendly reminder that there
are 3 more days to submit to the upcoming Media, Technology and Society
program's graduate student conference titled "Infosocial: Where information
and the social sciences collide."  The extended abstract submission
deadline is April 15th.  Call details are at the conference website (
http://bit.ly/InfoSocialCFP) and follow in the text below.  Please feel
free to distribute widely and pass the word along to graduate students and
programs.

*Call for Papers*
"InfoSocial: Where information and the social sciences collide."
A graduate student conference hosted by the Media, Technology, and
Society (MTS) program at Northwestern University

As the information infrastructure of contemporary social life
becomes increasingly complex and visible, disparate modes of inquiry
converge. We are surrounded by a proliferation of data that provides a
unique window into a wide array of individual and collective behavior. The
changes in the visibility and availability of such data have challenged the
technical and conceptual boundaries of the social sciences. This, in turn,
has triggered a growth in interdisciplinary collaboration, and in
methodological and theoretical innovation. Our conference aims to
contribute to these collaborative and innovative developments by bringing
together graduate student scholarship from across the academic spectrum.

We seek papers authored by graduate students that address relevant
topics within and across disciplines, including contributions from
communication and media studies, sociology, psychology, computer
science, science and technology studies, information science, political
science, and anthropology, among others.

Possible submission topics include (but are not limited to):
 Linked data/semantic web and society
 Privacy and information management
 Measuring online behavior
 Collective action and crowd sourcing
 Internet skill and literacy
 Open source and innovation
 Complexity and technological change
 History and information
 Information at work
 Educational technology
 Networks and the information society
 Methodological developments

*Important Information:*
Extended abstract submission deadline: April 15, 2012
Acceptance notification date: May 15, 2012
Conference Dates: October 12-13, 2012
Location: Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois

Conference URL: http://bit.ly/InfoSocialCFP
Email: [log in to unmask]

To submit, please visit http://bit.ly/NUMTSconference and upload an
extended abstract of no more than
500 words.

Note: There will be no fee to attend and/or participate in the
conference. Meals will be provided and interested attendees may request to
be housed with Northwestern students. While we can make no guarantees, we
will do our best to accommodate requests.

Best,

--
Lindsay Young
Doctoral Student