From:
Ailie Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ailie Fraser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Mar 2020 08:50:30 -0700
ACM UIST - User Interface Software and Technology
October 20-23, 2020
Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
https://uist.acm.org/uist2020/

UPDATED DEADLINES:
Abstract & Metadata Deadline: April 20, 2020 (5pm PDT)
Paper Deadline: May 6, 2020 (5pm PDT)

As the measures to help contain the spread of the covid-19 pandemic
increasingly disrupt the course of research activities worldwide, the UIST
2020 Program Chairs together with the General Chairs and Steering Committee
have decided to further extend the UIST 2020 submission deadline. We hope
this will allow authors to navigate this complex situation with more
serenity. The new deadline for the abstracts is April 20, 2020, 5PM PDT,
and the new deadline for the papers is May 6, 2020, 5PM PDT.

These changes are made possible by removing the rebuttal phase for this
year. We understand that this may end up frustrating for some. However, on
balance we hope that the extra time for completing research is the most
useful to you in these circumstances.

We are aware that these are uncertain times; however, this new deadline is
definitive. An extension to May 6 is the latest we can possibly accommodate
without impacting the quality of the review process, or the cycle of other
subsequent conferences.

We also acknowledge that many authors are concerned with the impossibility
of conducting in-person user studies. We want to stress that user studies
are not the only possible means of assessing a research contribution. We
encourage authors to consider the many other ways that contributions can be
validated, and we will stress in the reviewing guidelines that, for many of
the submitted works, user studies might not necessarily be the most
appropriate, nor indispensable method to demonstrate validity or provide
valuable insights.

We appreciate your understanding and support during these unusual times. If
you have any questions, please email the paper chairs: [log in to unmask]