From:
Miltiadis Lytras <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Miltiadis Lytras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:48:10 -0400
Dear All,
we are really very happy for your warm reaction to our initiative. I would
like to inform you that a new newsgroup is fascilitating our
communication. You can join us at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/open-research-society/

From the 1st of September we will start three important formal discussions
that we would like to participate:

1. OPEN RESEARCH SOCIETY's BYLAWS.
2. Publication Strategy of OPEN RESEARCH JOURNALS (Quality Assurance,
Review process, EB formation etc)
3. Finalization of EB and CFP of our first two journals the IJ of OPEN
RESEARCH and the OPEN RESEARCH on INFORMATION SYSTEMS JOURNAL.

Currently we are developing our web site at www.open-research-society.org
and we hope that in the next month it will be fully functioning.

If you are interested in this initiative or the E(R)B of our two journals
feel free to contact me at [log in to unmask] / [log in to unmask]

Thank you once again for all and accept my apologies if these mails bother
some of you. We do believe that OPEN research is an one way road for a
better future. It is critical to extend the real meaning of OPEN RESEARCH.
To this direction my very best friend Amjorn Naeve from the Royal
Institute of Technology in Sweden has expressed many aspects and is one of
the most important contributors of our vision. Very soon i will ask him to
contribute to our debate. (http://kmr.nada.kth.se). In a way this must be
done in combination with what i call Humanistic TechnoManagement. In
simple words it would be very interesting to see our society under the
general title OPEN SOCIETY which means that all of our efforts are
concentrated on actions that proove how technologies and research can be
applied for the common wealth. Think about a TECHNO-LEAD "GREENPEACE
like" OPEN SOCIETY which cultivates new social sensitive objectives. This
is for me a life time dream and objective and i think we can pursue it.
This means that we can establish national branches of this OPEN SOCIETY
and to go for worldwide actions through emerging technologies.

Imagine all the people...

Dr. Miltiadis D. Lytras
Get our last AIS SIGSEMIS Bulletin:
http://www.sigsemis.org/newsletter/july2005/vol2_issue2.pdf
AIS SIGSEMIS Officer (SIG on Semantic Web and Information Systems in
Association for Information Systems, http://www.sigsemis.org)
Executive Editor International Journal on Semantic Web and Information
Systems (IDEA Group,
http://www.idea-group.com/journals/details.asp?id=4625)
Editor in Chief International Journal of Knowledge and Learning (IJKL) -
http://www.inderscience.com/ijkl/
Editor in Chief, AIS SIGSEMIS Bulletin, http://www.sigsemis.org/newsletter
Collaborating Editor in Chief International Journal of Learning and Change
(IJLC)- http://www.inderscience.com/ijlc/
Associate Editor International Journal of Metadata, Semantics and
Ontologies (IJMSO)- http://www.inderscience.com/ijmso/
ECIS Track on Semantic Web and Information Systems:
http://www.ecis2006.se
MSR'05:First on-Line conference on Metadata and Semantics Research:
Approaches to Advanced Information Systems
http://www.metadata-semantics.org/
Lytras M. and Naeve A. (eds) Intelligent Learning Infrastructure for
Knolwedge Intensive Organizations: A Semantic Web Perspective:
http://www.idea-group.com/books/details.asp?id=4925
Λύτρας Μιλτιάδης, Διαχείριση Γνώσης και Μάθησης, Εκδόσεις Παπασωτηρίου,
470 σελίδες,
http://www.papasotiriou.gr/product.gbook.asp?deid=&pfid=533813&prid=222238
Sampson D., Lytras M., Wagner G. and Diaz P., "Ontologies and the Semantic
Web for E-learning", Educational Technolgy and Society Journal,
http://www.ifets.info/issues.php?id=25
Lytras M., Naeve A., Pouloudi N., "Knowledge Management Technologies for
E-learning", IJ of Distance Educational Technologies,
http://www.idea-group.com/journals/toc.asp?ID=498&volume=Vol%2E+3%2C+No%2E+2

SWiSE@RU5, Research Academic Computer Technology Insitute - CTI, Patra,
Greece, http://www.cti.gr
KMR Group, Royal Insitute of Technology, Sweden, http://kmr.nada.kth.se
ELTRUN, Department of Management Science and Technology, Athens University
of Economics and Business, Greece, http://www.eltrun.gr

e-mail:[log in to unmask] [log in to unmask]