From:
William Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 18:11:40 -0000
Posted on behalf of Mike Atwood [mailto:[log in to unmask]]

Tutorial: A Practical Approach to Interactive System Design

Date: Sunday, 3 April 2005

Venue: CHI 2005 conference, Portland, OR, U.S.A.

Learn how to successfully design and improve useful and useable
interactive systems and answer the following questions: What is
cognitive task analysis? Why do I want it and how can I do it? How can I
tell how useful and useable a system is now or how useful and useable it
can be? How do I get started in designing a cognitively useful and
useable system? How can I determine what parts of a system should be
changed and how to change them? How can I communicate well with others
on my design and development team? This tutorial is intended for anyone
who is or who will be part of a team that designs and develops
interactive systems to support complex human work or problem solving.
The objectives of this tutorial are to provide attendees with the skills
needed to ask and answer questions about how the people who will use the
system think about their tasks and their work.

For more information on this tutorial see:
http://www.chi2005.org/program/prog_tutorials.html#s02