Sender:
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2017 12:52:12 -0400
From:
Larry Koved <[log in to unmask]>
https://www.usenix.org/conference/soups2017/call-for-papers-way2017

In cooperation with USENIX, the Advanced Computing Systems Association,
SOUPS 2017 will be co-located with the 2017 USENIX Annual Technical
Conference, July 12–14, 2017.

Important Dates

All dates are at 23:59 AoE (Anywhere on Earth) time.

Workshop paper submission deadline: Thursday, May 25, 2017
Workshop paper acceptance notification to authors: Friday, June 9, 2017
Workshop camera-ready papers due: Sunday, June 18, 2017

Overview

The purpose of this workshop is to bring together researchers and
practitioners to share experiences, concerns, and ideas about known and
new authentication techniques. We are interested in discussing methods of
evaluating the impact and usability of various authentication techniques,
and ideas about novel authentication techniques that are secure, robust
and usable.

Authentication, or the act of proving that someone is who they claim to
be, is a cornerstone of security. The importance of authentication
continues to grow as users must prove their identity to maintain a
continuous presence with a wide variety of computing devices and services.

The goal of this workshop is to explore these and related topics across
the broad range of contexts, including enterprise systems, personal
systems, and especially mobile and embedded systems (such as healthcare,
automotive, and wearable systems). This workshop provides an informal and
interdisciplinary setting at the intersection of security, psychological,
and behavioral science.

We are soliciting 4-5 page submissions.

NEW THIS YEAR: We are seeking panel submissions. We would like to assemble
one panel discussion with four speakers on a topic relating to
authentication. Panel proposals should be formatted as 1-2 page abstracts,
and contain the phrase “Panel Proposal” in the title.

See the workshop web site for full details:
https://www.usenix.org/conference/soups2017/call-for-papers-way2017

Workshop Organizers

Workshops Co-Chairs

Larry Koved, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
Elizabeth Stobert, ETH Zürich

Program Committee
Heather Crawford, Florida Institute of Technology
Markus Dürmuth, Ruhr-University Bochum
Serge Egelman, University of Califorina, Berkeley
Lydia Kraus, Technische Universität Berlin
Sana Maqsood, Carleton University
Scott Ruoti, MIT Lincoln Laboratory
Raghav Sampangi, Dalhousie University
Kent Seamons, Brigham Young University
Jonathan Voris, New York Institute of Technology