From:
Marko Jurmu <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 6 May 2015 12:05:20 +0300
[Apologies for cross-posting]

2nd Call For Papers

Workshop:

'I've Had It!': Group therapy for interdisciplinary researchers

18th August 2015, Aarhus, Denmark
in Conjunction with the Fifth Decennial Aarhus Conference

Deadline for submissions: 15 May 2015

Web page: http://interdisciplinary.ws2015.virtues.fi/

In this workshop, we reflect on and share the fun and frustrations of
working in interdisciplinary
research. We ask participants to openly reflect on their experiences of
interdisciplinarity. What
approaches have worked and what have failed? In addition to identifying
phenomena, we aim to sketch
out the next decade of interdisciplinary research in computing,
especially in HCI.

The third paradigm of Human-Computer Interaction focuses on the
qualitative aspects of use experience
and the situatedness of technologies. This new orientation has drawn in
researchers from various other
research and arts backgrounds and traditions, including the social
sciences, architecture and industrial
design among others. Therefore, we consider this third paradigm to be
inherently interdisciplinary.

Through workshop participants’ reflection of their own experiences, we
strive to identify the common
problems and pitfalls of interdisciplinary research, and to celebrate
successes as well as share best
practices. We encourage participants from various backgrounds to apply
in order to create a space for
genuine interdisciplinary dialogue.

Call for papers
===============

We invite interested authors to submit a 3-4-page position paper in the
ACM SIGCHI Extended Abstract format
(http://www.sigchi.org/publications/chipubform/sigchi-extendedabstracts-format-2016/view)
together with a
50-word biography to [log in to unmask]

The organizing committee will select up to 25submissions based on
relevance, quality, and diversity of inputs. Papers will be published
online on theworkshop site. Furthermore, we will strive towards
negotiating a publishing agreement for a book or aspecial issue with a
leading scientific publisher.

Deadline for position papers: 15 May
Notification of acceptance/rejection: 15 June (early registration 30 June)
Workshop Days: One-day session on 18 August

Organizers
Marko Jurmu, University of Oulu, Finland
Johanna Ylipulli, University of Oulu, Finland
Anna Luusua, University of Oulu, Finland

Workshop website: http://interdisciplinary.ws2015.virtues.fi/

Conference website: http://www.aarhus2015.org