Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 19:35:02 +0000
Sender: "ACM SIGCHI General Interest Announcements (Mailing List)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: Veronica Sundstedt <[log in to unmask]>
EYE TRACKING RESEARCH & APPLICATIONS SYMPOSIUM

ETRA 2019 Call for Submissions

The 2019 ACM Symposium on Eye tracking Research & Applications (ETRA) will be held in Denver, Colorado June 25-28 2019. The aim of ETRA is to bring together computer scientists, engineers, and behavioral scientists with the common goal of continuing to move eye tracking research forward. Join us in Denver for ETRA, attend co-located workshops, and participate in exciting discussions. The symposium presents research that advances the state-of-the-art across multiple fields, leading to new capabilities in gaze tracking systems, gaze aware applications, gaze basedinteraction, and eye movement data analysis. We invite papers in all areas of eye tracking research and applications, and welcome submissions from all domains including those not represented in previous ETRA symposia. Papers must be original and not accepted previously for publication elsewhere. All papers will be published and will be available in the ACM Digital Library. At least one author must register and present accepted work at the conference. Awards will be made for the best papers in several categories including long papers, short papers, video/tool demo, and challenge track. ACM ETRA 2019 is co-sponsored by the ACM Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction (SIGCHI), and the ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques (SIGGRAPH).

Important Dates (Time Zone: AoE<http://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/aoe>)

Long & Short Papers

Dec 14, 2018

Authors: Paper abstracts due

Dec 19, 2018

Authors: Long & short papers due

Dec 30, 2018

Authors: Tutorial Suggestions due

Jan 23, 2019

Feedback: Reviews to authors

Jan 28, 2019

Authors: Rebuttals + Revised paper due

Feb 18, 2019

Feedback: Final notifications to authors

Mar 22, 2019

Authors: Camera ready papers due

Demo, Video, & Doctoral Symposium

Mar 8, 2019

Authors: Extended abstracts due

Mar 15, 2019

Feedback: Notifications due to authors

Mar 1, 2019

Authors: Camera ready papers due

Challenge Track

Mar 15, 2019

Authors: Challenge report due

Mar 29, 2018

Feedback: Notifications due to authors

Apr 5, 2019

Authors: Camera ready papers due

Submission Categories

Long and Short Papers:
Authors are invited to submit original work in the formats of long papers (up to 8 pages plus 2 additional pages for references) and short papers (up to 4 pages plus 2 pages references). A long paper should provide substantial contribution to the field and a short paper should provide focused and concise, yet significant contribution while not delving into broad discussion. All submissions will undergo a rigorous triple-blind review process assessing the originality and quality of the work as well as the relevance for eye tracking research and applications. Papers presented at ETRA 2019 will be available in the ACM digital library. ACM ETRA employs a two-phase review process with a rebuttal phase. Before the final decision, authors will have the opportunity to respond to the reviews with rebuttal.

Demo and video track:
Have a gaze interaction technique to share? Or want to show off how your new eye tracking method works? At ETRA 2019, we will have a demo and video session where researchers give demonstrations of their research or show videos of their work. We encourage new and exciting ideas that may not yet be fully tested. To take part in this session, we request an extended abstract (2 pages + 1 additional page for references) to be submitted. If authors have a full or short paper accepted, no extended abstract is needed. If submitting a video presentation, a video with audio is required. For demos, we also require that a video with audio is submitted for review. Please refer to the long call for submissions for detailed information on the ETRA demo and video track.

Doctoral symposium:

ETRA 2019 will offer an ETRA Doctoral Symposium, where doctoral students will get an opportunity to meet other students and experienced researchers for feedback. We invite abstracts from doctoral students who have a defined topic in the area of eye tracking research and applications, and whose work is still in a phase where it can be influenced by the feedback received in the symposium. Participants will be selected based on an extended abstract (3 pages + 1 additional page for references) describing the thesis work and its current status. Please refer to the long call for submissions for detailed information on the ETRA doctoral symposium.

Tutorial track:
Continuing the success of the tutorials introduced at ETRA2016, ETRA2019 will also include a number of half-day or full-day tutorials, where experts in the field cover a topic related to eye tracking or eye movement research within the general theme of the conference. To align the topics with the interests of ETRA participants, we now welcome suggestions of both topics as well as suggestions for teachers. Please enter your suggestions through our online at https://goo.gl/forms/1s3Fasu9WOVtzTIO2, before December 30, 2018.

Submissions open on November 7, 2018.

Submission Process (Long and Short Papers, Demo, Video, Doctoral Symposium and Challenge Tracks)

Please upload a 150-maximum word abstract reflecting your expected contribution by the Paper Abstract due date. Your abstract submission will allow us to prepare for the review process. An abstract is required before the actual paper is submitted. To submit the abstract, login to https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=etra19 and create an account if you do not already have one. Ensure to make your submission to the correct track. Edit the submission by including title, authors, and abstract, and then record the changes. Ensure that you have uploaded your abstract/paper by the appropriate due dates. Your submissions should be prepared following the sigconf instructions found at http://www.siggraph.org/learn/instructions-authors. To prepare the content of the PDF file, SIGGRAPH encourages authors to use LaTeX, but a Word template is also available as a sublink (https://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template) off the link above. Authors who choose to use Word should keep in mind (a) they must use the "sigconf" template style, and (b) they must use the "author year" citation and reference format. We advise that Word authors consult the sigconf pdf example as a formatting template. When generating the PDF file, please make sure that the fonts are embedded in the PDF file. This will ensure that reviewers can view the paper without problems. The submitted papers must be anonymized for peer review. The demos/videos do not need to be anonymized. All paper submissions must be appropriately anonymized to conceal the authors’ identifies and institutions. The submitted paper must be anonymized for peer review. This means that authors are expected to remove author and institutional identities from the title and header areas of the paper. Also, please make sure that identifying information does not appear in the document’s meta-data (e.g., the ‘Authors’ field in your word processor’s ‘Save As’ dialog box). Further suppression of identity in the body of the paper is left to the authors’ discretion. We do expect that authors leave in citations to their previous work, so that reviewers can ensure that all previous research has been taken into account by the authors. Nonetheless, please avoid phrases such as “In this paper we build on top of our previous work presented in [reference]…” and, instead, use constructions such as “We extend the work presented in [reference]… “. Observe that you are allowed to extend anyone’s work, and only the first phrase reveals that you are the author of the previous work. For questions, please email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Program Chairs

Paige Rodeghero ([log in to unmask]), Clemson University, USA
Veronica Sundstedt ([log in to unmask]), Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden

Demo and Video Chairs

Tanja Blascheck ([log in to unmask]), INRIA, France
Fabian Deitelhoff ([log in to unmask]), University of Applied Sciences and Arts Dortmund, Germany

Tutorial Chairs

Preethi Vaidyanathan ([log in to unmask]), LC Technologies, USA
Diako Mardanbegi ([log in to unmask]), Lancaster University, UK

Doctoral Symposium Chairs

Hana Vrakov ([log in to unmask]), University of Colorado Boulder, USA
Reynold Bailey ([log in to unmask]), Rochester Institute of Technology, USA

Eye Tracking Challenge Chairs

Susana Martinez-Conde ([log in to unmask]), State University of New York, USA
Jorge Otero-Millan ([log in to unmask]), Johns Hopkins University, USA

For more details visit: http://etra.acm.org/2019/

ACM ETRA 2019 Conference Chairs

Bonita Sharif ([log in to unmask]), University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA

Krzysztof Krejtz ([log in to unmask]), SWPS University, Poland