From:
Thies Pfeiffer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thies Pfeiffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2012 14:51:13 +0200
We cordially invite you to join the growing community of researchers
discussing and defining tasks, benchmarks and data sets for the upcoming

1st International Mobile Gaze-Based Interaction Challenge
(MobiGaze 2013)
http://challenge.petmei.org

** What is MobiGaze? **

Mobile gaze-based interaction has gained increased interest in
recent years with the advent of mobile eye tracking equipment and
an increase in portable processing power. The eyes can now be
used as an interaction modality in mobile settings, either on their
own or complementing other modalities, such as speech or gestures.

Mobile gaze-based interaction requires an interdisciplinary effort,
combining the strengths of fields such as computer vision,
human-computer-interaction, pervasive computing, as well as psychology
and psycholinguistics - just to name a few.

With the MobiGaze challenge, we creating a focal point for these efforts
by identifying central research questions and challenges as well as
typical tasks and application scenarios and cast the essence into a set
of benchmarks that help us to advance research in this emerging field.

We invite you, as part of the community, to participate in the process
of defining the challenge.

View/Bookmark our website
http://challenge.petmei.org

** Planned Schedule for MobiGaze 2013 **

- September 8th:
   Discussion and refinement of the challenge at PETMEI 2012

- Fall/Winter 2012:
   Data collection

- Spring 2013:
   Launch of the MobiGaze challenge
   Data and task descriptions appear on the website

- Summer 2013:
   Submission of contributions. The challenge will close at some
   time in Summer 2013. One idea is to have the challenge finals
   presented at PETMEI 2013.

** Organizers/Contact **

- Thies Pfeiffer, Bielefeld University (Germany)
   th[..].pf[..] @uni-bielefeld.de

- Andreas Bulling, University of Cambridge (United Kingdom)
   an[..].bu[..] @acm.org

Dr. Thies Pfeiffer (Dipl. Inform.)
Bielefeld University - AI Group, Faculty of Technology - Room M4-125
EMail: [log in to unmask] - Telephone: +49 521 106 2923