Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 09:03:33 -0500
Sender: "ACM SIGCHI General Interest Announcements (Mailing List)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: "Rita O. Orji" <[log in to unmask]>
EXTENDED SUBMISSION DEADLINE: February 18th, 2017

We got a few requests for an extension of the submission deadline, so we
added another 8 days for you to send us your position papers.

================================

*Call for Participation, Deadlines *
*​​*
*​​*
*Extended*

==================================

*Workshop on Personalizing Persuasive Technologies**, *

*Persuasive Technology 2016**.*

*April 4, 2017, Amsterdam, Netherlands.*

https://personalizedpersuasion.wordpress.com/

*Important Dates:*

   -

   *Feb 10, 2017*
   , *Feb 18, 2017**: *Submissions deadline: Submissions deadline, submit
   via email to [log in to unmask]
   - *Feb 28, 2017:* Acceptance notification
   - *March 6, 2017:* Camera-ready version due
   - *April 4, 2017:* Workshop

Building on the success of the previous edition, this year’s workshop
on *Personalizing
Persuasive Technologies* aims to connect diverse groups of persuasive
technology and behavior change researchers and practitioners interested in
personalization and tailoring of persuasive technology to share their
experiences, ideas, discuss key challenges facing the area, identify
opportunities, and define a roadmap for future research in this area.  We
welcome submissions and ideas from any domain of persuasive technology and
HCI including, but not limited to health, sustainability, games, safety and
security,
​​
marketing, eCommerce, entertainment, and education. Workshop papers and
ideas will be archived online to be accessible to the general public.

*Participants are invited to submit:*

   - *position papers* (2–4 pages)
   - *work-in-progress papers* (2–6 pages)
   - *full research papers* (6-12 pages)

We invite position and research papers that cover any of the topics listed
below or other relevant topics:

   - Frameworks and models for developing personalized persuasive technology
   - Objective and subjective approaches to personalizing persuasive
   technologies
   - Methods and Metrics for evaluating the effectiveness of personalized
   persuasive technology
   - Long-term evaluation and evidence of long-term effect of personalized
   persuasive technology
   - Systematically investigating and highlighting the difference between
   Adaptivity and Adoptivity
   - Systematically investigating and highlighting the difference between
   system-controlled personalization and user-controlled personalization
   - The relationships between individual characteristics and effectiveness
   of various persuasive technology features
   - How to balance the cost and benefit of personalizing persuasive
   technology (the level of personalization required for a maximum return on
   investment)
   - How to develop ethical and privacy-sensitive personalized persuasive
   technology
   - What do we personalize (e.g., the persuasive strategies, approaches,
   or end-goals)?
   - How do we personalize (e.g., subjective and objective personalization
   methods)?
   - Who do we personalize for (e.g., personality, gender, age,
   persuadability, player types, emotional states, contextual/situational
   variables)?
   - Where do we personalize - domain and context dependency of
   personalization approaches?
   - Challenges and limitations of implementing personalized persuasive
   technology and solutions.
   - Case studies and examples of personalized persuasive technologies.
   - Success and failure stories with regard to personalized persuasive
   technology.
   - Other relevant dimensions of personalizing persuasive technologies.

Submission will be peer-reviewed and the organizing committee will select
up to 20 participants according to relevance, quality, and research
diversity.  All accepted papers will be shared through the workshop website
and will be published and made accessible online via CEUR Workshop
Proceedings  (CEUR-WS.org <http://ceur-ws.org/>). All high-quality papers
will be considered for inclusion in a journal special issue.  We also
welcome participants who are registered for the main conference to join our
workshop.

*Organizers:*

Rita Orji, University of Waterloo, Canada

Marc Busch, Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria

Maurits Kaptein, University of Tilburg, Netherlands

Arie Dijkstra, University of Groningen, Netherlands

Michaela Reisinger, Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria

Mattheiss Elke, Austrian Institute of Technology, Austria
Rita ORJI, PhD