We're very pleased to announce that registration is now open for Spring
2006 Classes for Web Manager University (formerly Usability University)!
All the information about registering is available on Webcontent.gov:
Below are all the details about registering (which are also on
Webcontent.gov). The first class begins April 4th, so don't delay!
If you have any questions about registration, please contact Ellen
Cardwell, Project Coordinator, at 202-501-1926, or
[log in to unmask]
* Use our secure, online registration form (fees are collected by
a contractor, so you'll actually be on their site when registering):
* Pre-registration and payment is required for all courses and
* Each individual must register separately.
* You can register and pay for multiple classes on one
Course Schedule and Fees
* Two-Hour Seminars:
$30 per seminar for both government and non-government
* Two-Day Courses:
$400 per course for federal, state or local government
employees; $600 for non-government participants
Fees cover the cost of managing the training program,
registration, class materials, light refreshments, and payment to
* You need to submit payment information at the time of
* Credit cards are the preferred payment method.
* All credit card information is processed by secure servers. You
can use American Express, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or Diner's Club.
* If you're unable to pay by credit card, you can fax your
registration and pay by check or purchase order. Read instructions
* GSA's Office of Citizen Services and Communications is the
sponsor of the training program. We use a private vendor to collect
payment. Here's information about the vendor in case you need to
provide information about who's collecting the fees:
Giuffrida Associates, Inc.
Attention: Web Manager University Project Manager
204 E Street NE,
Washington, DC 20002
Phone: 202-547-6340 (only use to confirm receipt of faxes)
* For any payment questions, contact Ellen Cardwell, Project
Coordinator, at [log in to unmask] or 202-501-1926.
* Classes will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. We
hope to accommodate as many attendees as possible. However, some
classes (especially the two-day courses) will have smaller class sizes
at the request of the instructors, since they are intended to be
hands-on training sessions.
* If a class is listed on Webcontent.gov but it isn't listed on
the registration form, it means that class is full. To be put on the
waiting list, send an email to: [log in to unmask] and we'll
let you know as soon as space becomes available.
* If you're unable to attend a class, you may transfer your
registration to a colleague. If you transfer your registration, please
contact Ellen Cardwell at [log in to unmask] or 202-501-1926.
If you paid the government rate, you cannot transfer your registration
to a non-government employee.
* You may also cancel your registration and get a full refund. To
do so, we must receive your cancellation notice by 5PM EST at least one
week in advance of each seminar or course. Cancellation requests must be
e-mailed to Meghan Burrows at [log in to unmask] After that date, all
registrations and payments are final. Please notify us as soon as
possible to cancel so we can give your spot to someone else.
* All classes will be in the Washington, DC area. Most will be at
the Bureau of Labor Statistics conference center, but please check the
list of classes for the specific location.
* We understand there are many web managers outside Washington, DC
who may find it difficult to travel to the training. We plan to video
tape some of the sessions and will make every effort to make these
training resources as accessible as possible to web managers in the
If you're unable to attend classes this semester, we expect to offer
more classes for the Fall 2006 semester. We're also planning a one-day
networking workshop in Washington, DC this Fall, which will be scheduled
around several Web Manager University seminars and courses. Stay tuned
for more details about these upcoming training opportunities.
We welcome your comments or questions about Web Manager University,
including any recommendations you may have for specific courses and
excellent trainers. If you have any questions at all about registration
or any aspect of the training program, please feel free to contact Ellen
or me. Our contact information is below.
We look forward to seeing many of you at Web Manager University this
Director, FirstGov.gov (and sponsor of Web Manager Unviersity)
To unsubscribe, send an empty email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://sigchi.org/listserv