From:
Peter Wardrip <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter Wardrip <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2012 17:08:32 -0400
Apologies for cross-posting:

We invite you to participate in the workshop: CSCW and Education: Viewing
Education as a Site of Work Practice. http://cscw-ed.getdown.org/

The workshop will take place at CSCW 2013 http://cscw.acm.org/ (ACM
Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work). The workshop will be
held on Saturday, February 23rd, 2012 in San Antonio, Texas, USA.

Educational organizations, whether they are formal or informal, present a
work environment in which technology, and social and cultural interactions
mediate unfolding work. What opportunities does this site of work practice
hold for CSCW researchers and designers? And how might these educational
organizations benefit from the work of CSCW? This one-day workshop will
explore these and other similar questions as we seek to build a community
of researchers, designers and practitioners from different disciplines
interested in the intersection of CSCW and Education.

We are accepting 2-4 page position papers from participants that
theoretically and / or empirically relate to the topic. *These are due by
November 16, 2012.* Visit our web page for more information
http://cscw-ed.getdown.org/ or email: [log in to unmask]

*Organizing Committee:*

Peter Wardrip

Ben Shapiro