Sender:
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2018 15:43:19 -0500
From:
Michael Muller <[log in to unmask]>
Dear Students,

For the past three years, CSCW has helped students learn how to write
high-quality reviews through the CSCW Student Reviewer Mentor Program. We
continue with this program for CSCW 2018.

The CSCW Reviewer Mentor Program (
https://cscw.acm.org/2018/volunteer/mentor.html) is creates an opportunity
for students to participate in the CSCW review process while getting
guidance from senior reviewers. The idea is that a small pool of students
within the CSCW field are matched with CSCW review mentors, who agree to
support the student in writing good reviews. This has three purposes:

1. PC members who choose a student reviewer within the mentor program will
know that the student will do a good review, since the mentor will see to
that.

2. Students will have the opportunity to get feedback and discuss the
reviewing process with the mentor, and therefore become a better reviewer.

3. The students will become expert reviewers for future CSCW conferences!

We continue with this program for CSCW 2018. We encourage you, working in
any of the disciplines of CSCW, to apply to be mentored as reviewers. To
apply, please send us the following information:

- your name,

- contact information,

- CV if available,

- webpage if available,

- up to five topics from the bulleted text following the paragraph about
"Contributions to CSCW across a variety of research techniques" on this web
page: https://cscw.acm.org/2018/submit/

- the analytic methods you would feel comfortable to review, such as
qualitative, quantitative, network; or you can be more specific, if you
like.

Our email address is [log in to unmask] Please include the
phrase "CSCW 2018 Student Mentor Program Application" on your subject line.
We will use all of these materials to try to match students with volunteer
mentors.

We will accept your applications until March 29 2018. We will match
students with mentors as quickly as we can. There are usually more students
than mentors, and we may not be able to match applications that arrive
later in the month. Therefore, we encourage you to to send your materials
earlier than March 29 if you can.

We look forward to working with you,

Thank you,

Kind regards
Stephan Lukosch and Michael Muller
CSCW2018 Student Reviewer Mentoring Co-Chairs