From:
Daniel Gonçalves <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Gonçalves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2011 15:03:22 +0100
                  *** Last Call for Papers ***

	******* Mobile Accessibility Workshop ********

	         to be held at INTERACT 2011
	     Lisbon, Portugal, September 5-9, 2011

            http://mobile-accessibility.di.fc.ul.pt/

Mobile devices pervade our daily lives. We are on the cusp of a
fundamental change in how we relate to information and others,
accessible at all times and places. Alas, this change might be barred
to a large number of people, suffering from a wide range of
disabilities. Mobile devices are increasingly visual, making them hard
to use by the blind or other vision-impaired people. Keyboards are
steadily being replaced by touchscreens, without tactile feedback,
introducing additional barriers. Tetraplegic users have limited
mobility of their limbs and hardly are able to pick up the devices or
use their fingers for precise pointing. Moreover, the mobile aspect
often creates situational impairments where those interaction modes
are cumbersome or socially unacceptable, even for non-impaired
people.

These are problems studied by the nascent area of Mobile
Accessibility, where researchers focus on solving accessibility
problems in mobile devices and settings. Bringing together Mobile
Computing and Accessibility, it is the source of synergistic works
that have the potential of deeply transforming how we look at mobile
devices, and to shape the ongoing mobile revolution. This workshop
will bring together researchers and practitioners in the area.

The topics of the workshop include but are not limited to:

   * Mobile interaction accessibility
   * Situational impairments
   * Assistive Mobile Technologies
   * Mobile Web Accessibility

** Important Dates **

   June 10th. Submission deadline
   July 1st. Notification to authors
   September 5th. Workshop
   2012. Special Issue publication

** Paper Submissions **

Papers should have a maximum of 8 pages using the LNCS format
(http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs), and be submitted through the
submission system at
https://www.easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?conf=mobacc2011. The review
process will be
double-blind, so please remove all affiliation information from your
submissions, as well as any other information that might be used to
identify the paper's authors.

** Publication **

Authors of selected accepted papers will be invited to submit an
extended version to the Universal Access in the Information Society
journal for a Special Issue in Mobile Accessibility.

** Organisation **

Daniel Gonçalves, TULisbon
Luis Carriço, University of Lisbon
Markel Vigo, University of Manchester

** Programme Commitee **

Giorgio Brajnik. University of Udine, Italy
Stephan Carmien. Tecnalia, Spain
Tiago Guerreiro. Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal
Simon Harper. University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Ravi Kuber. UMBC, United States
Rui Lopes. University of Lisbon, Portugal
Charlotte Magnusson. Lund University, Sweden
Hugo Nicolau. INESC-ID, Portugal
Fabio Paternò. CNR-ISTI, Italy
Zigor Salvador. University of the Basque Country, Spain
Jaime Sánchez. University of Chile, Chile
Shari Trewin. IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, United States
Markku Turunen. University of Tampere, Finland
Yeliz Yesilada. METU NCC, North Cyprus/University of Manchester, United
Kingdom